Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seekins Hit vs CTR/XLR build

Feedback Score

Seekins Hit vs CTR/XLR build

Im buying a rifle for PRS/NRL competitions soon. 6.5CM

I have it narrowed down to Havok Hit or dropping a CTR 24" in an Envy Pro chassis

I like the envy chassis better (looks more conducive to my style), but have concerns with the tikka barrel profile for PRS. Of course I could repkace it with m24 profile once i shoot out the stock barrel.

Either choice would have the folding mechanism and NVM installed so I can go thumb over bore.

A distant third option would be tikka in an acc elite chassis, but Its a more expensive chassis, and not sure it its worth it with the CTR barrel.

Feedback Score
    I ran a tikka action in a KRG X-Ray chassis for many years in PRS competitions. Their actions are very smooth, and their barrels are very accurate. I never competed with the tikka barrel, but i'm sure it would do just fine. The most you'll be shooting typically on a stage is 12 rounds, and most stages are less (8-10 rounds), so I think you'll be ok on barrel heat. And i've also run a XLR chassis quite a bit, and like them alot.

The trend these days seems to be heavy rigs that produce almost no recoil, and most people compete with a 6mm variant, but 6.5 always works well (and easier to spot impacts at the long distance targets). I don't have any experience with the Havoc HIT, but i'd probably lean towards getting the chassis that you like, and building up from there.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Look at it this way, while you shake out your gear, rifle, etc on the first season, you will go through the barrel-then you can decide what you need barrel wise or a whole new gun.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. Ive found out MDT is eventually coming out with their ACC elite for tikka actions soon, so Im going to drop a ctr in that.

Thanks for the feddback.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Staying w Tikka actions is always a great choice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Staying w Tikka actions is always a great choice
    Well, I did a potentially stupid and got a solus barreled action. Seems good so far, getting the acc elite next month.

Action has a short throw 70degree, is smooth, and takes origin or small shank prefits.

Feedback Score
    Sounds nice.

I did a big, big stupid. Midway USA had a special sale price going on Accuracy International AT-X rifles in 6.5mm Creedmoor.

I could not resist. Inbound to my preferred FFL as of today, ordered in sage green because I’m sick of FDE everything.

Feedback Score
    Lol, i dont know anyone who regretted an AI.

I was dead set on the tikka, got tired of waiting for mdt to release the tikka acc elite and bought the solus.

Acc elite tikka came out same week I recieved my barreled action lmfao.

I will say, the solus was rough outta the box, but ive been working it (few hundred cycles with a couple cleanings in between) and its smoothed up nicely. Unless the barrel is 100% dogshit, ill be content, burn this out and rebarrel with some 6mm bartlien or something.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-21-23 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    I doubt you’ll get a dogshit barrel these days.

My only “regret” about the AI is that AI has never supported the WSM bolt face in their rifles. It would be nice to get a .300 WSM or .325 WSM tube spun up for whacking bigger critters if I wanted to use it as a hunting rig, albeit a hefty one.

Otherwise the 6.5mm Creedmoor barrel will be fine to bang steel with on the local 800 yard range, until I burn it out and then go from there. Maybe replace it with a 6 Creed, or 6 GT. At some point I’ll probably buy a pre-fit .22 Creedmoor barrel since factory brass is available now to use on prairie dogs.

For now I will be a bit under-scoped with an old Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50 but it should do fine for known distances out to 800 yards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I doubt you’ll get a dogshit barrel these days.

My only “regret” about the AI is that AI has never supported the WSM bolt face in their rifles. It would be nice to get a .300 WSM or .325 WSM tube spun up for whacking bigger critters if I wanted to use it as a hunting rig, albeit a hefty one.

Otherwise the 6.5mm Creedmoor barrel will be fine to bang steel with on the local 800 yard range, until I burn it out and then go from there. Maybe replace it with a 6 Creed, or 6 GT. At some point I’ll probably buy a pre-fit .22 Creedmoor barrel since factory brass is available now to use on prairie dogs.

For now I will be a bit under-scoped with an old Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50 but it should do fine for known distances out to 800 yards.
    Oh yeah, I have a 3-18 Im gonna use until I have a need to upgrade.

The 3-18x has been good enough to get my trainer (16" 223 precision AR) to 1kyds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast