Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stacatto C2

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Stacatto C2

Well the better half asked, what do you want for Fathers day and I said.... Well I got half of it funded anyway.

Took it out last night and it was the first gun Ive bought in a long long time that really surprised me in a good way. I felt like I was damn near, maybe just as fast as my P DPO with it. Accuracy was very good and it flipped a little more but came back on target a little quicker in my estimation.

I'm pretty sure it is the ultimate carry gun, for me at least. I still have several others: P30, VP9, P320C, 365XL but this gun will survive the rotation for quite some time. I was considering the CS, but there were none available at the time so C2 it is.

If you are considering one for CC, do not hesitate if funds permit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes.
    My C2 has been daily carry pistol for a while.
    It checks all the boxes for me.
    Well done PB.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I've shot most Staccato models and I didn't think there was a great deal of difference between the C2 and the P. I'd love to get one for daily carry.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would strongly discourage anyone from buying a Staccato, unless you have money to burn. It's (the P) a 3.3lb cinderblock designed around 45acp and 38 super. It has an anemic recoil spring, shit- every spring in the gun is weak. And it's insanely expensive. 99/100 shooters would be better served from a holistic perspective buying a striker fired whatever, a few thousand rounds, and 2-3 vetted pistol courses.

What Staccato is currently doing behind the scenes is what is worth waiting for- the full size version of the CS. That's a pistol designed and sized around 9mm, including brand new magazines- no one is talking about why you can't use P or C magazines in the CS... It's even got an external extractor, the way God intended. Wait until they drop the new version. It won't be a 2011 anymore(an outdated 30 year old design that no one acknowledges), it'll be a truly new pistol.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    [QUOTE=CPM;……………
    What Staccato is currently doing behind the scenes is what is worth waiting for- the full size version of the CS. That's a pistol designed and sized around 9mm, including brand new magazines- no one is talking about why you can't use P or C magazines in the CS... It's even got an external extractor, the way God intended. Wait until they drop the new version. It won't be a 2011 anymore(an outdated 30 year old design that no one acknowledges), it'll be a truly new pistol.[/QUOTE]

I think most are aware the new, “C” model mags are proprietary and designed around the 9mm cartridge.

This was:
    A.) desirable; as this is what it SHOULD BE, if chambered in 9mm, instead of using .38 Super/.45 ACP dimension, modified mags.
    B.) a deal breaker for me- as I already have an assload of the Gen 2 (or whatever they’re called) mags that have worked 100%.

The “Heart” of the new “C” model is/will be- pure 1911/2011; Single Action Hammer Gun, with Sear Block Safety. A fantastic trigger. In addition to original 1911 barrel/slide lock up. JMB designs.
    I won’t argue the external extractor is/will be “better”, or at least more user friendly in terms of “little or no maintenance required”.

So; make no mistake, it will STILL BE a 30 year old design, UPDATED 2011. Or a 110 yr. old design UPDATED 1911.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I would strongly discourage anyone from buying a Staccato, unless you have money to burn. It's (the P) a 3.3lb cinderblock designed around 45acp and 38 super. It has an anemic recoil spring, shit- every spring in the gun is weak. And it's insanely expensive. 99/100 shooters would be better served from a holistic perspective buying a striker fired whatever, a few thousand rounds, and 2-3 vetted pistol courses.

What Staccato is currently doing behind the scenes is what is worth waiting for- the full size version of the CS. That's a pistol designed and sized around 9mm, including brand new magazines- no one is talking about why you can't use P or C magazines in the CS... It's even got an external extractor, the way God intended. Wait until they drop the new version. It won't be a 2011 anymore(an outdated 30 year old design that no one acknowledges), it'll be a truly new pistol.
    Do you have any links to info on this new C model that's not going to be a 2011 anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I think most are aware the new, “C” model mags are proprietary and designed around the 9mm cartridge.

This was:
    A.) desirable; as this is what it SHOULD BE, if chambered in 9mm, instead of using .38 Super/.45 ACP dimension, modified mags.
    B.) a deal breaker for me- as I already have an assload of the Gen 2 (or whatever they’re called) mags that have worked 100%.

The “Heart” of the new “C” model is/will be- pure 1911/2011; Single Action Hammer Gun, with Sear Block Safety. A fantastic trigger. In addition to original 1911 barrel/slide lock up. JMB designs.
    I won’t argue the external extractor is/will be “better”, or at least more user friendly in terms of “little or no maintenance required”.

So; make no mistake, it will STILL BE a 30 year old design, UPDATED 2011. Or a 110 yr. old design UPDATED 1911.
    When you say "C" model, are you referring to the C2 in the OP? Or is there another one in development?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot my C2 in a match and did about as well
    As I would be with my full sized P or Sig Legions. It was fast and accurate AND a pleasure to shoot. It’s quite the firearm.

I think the speculation is that Stacatto might make all new guns with new mag configuration and all that implies.
    PB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Same holster as your P DPO or different? I did a search and couldn't find the other Staccato thread, so can you list the holster(s) you're using.

I have a P I need to get out and shoot but as always Holster reviews are all over the place, so a first hand account would be useful.

Enjoy your FD gift, all I got was a pan of homemade brookies (brownie/cookies) from my youngest daughter.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I ran a C&G CC holster for my C2. My P DPO sits in a Hammer Armament holster. I also like Tier1 holsters.

But there are a lot of options. Good luck. And a good brownie is hard to beat.
    PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast