Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911 Gone from USMC - Article

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well I've had to suffer through classes where a Kimber owner drags the training down with the constant issues. I wouldn't buy one.

Really the 1911 of any make is the classic car of handguns. Fun to own, but plan on upkeep and don't make it your daily driver.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Well I've had to suffer through classes where a Kimber owner drags the training down with the constant issues. I wouldn't buy one.

Really the 1911 of any make is the classic car of handguns. Fun to own, but plan on upkeep and don't make it your daily driver.
    It was our daily driver, but we also had armorers to do whatever it needed to keep them running. For work-ups it would not be unusual to put 10,000 rounds through one in a week.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I couple inaccuracies in the article. The MEU(SOC) 1911 was just for recon; the rest of the MEU units had the M9. Recon is going to the SIG (I think), MARSOC is using the Glock (per SOCOM contract) after having used the Kimber 1911 and the Colt (for a while).

I loved the MEU(SOC) 1911s. The armorers kept those things humming along. One of my frames was a Remington Rand circa 1942 and it was just a workhorse.
    Yes, MarSOC uses the shit out of G19s with RMRs.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It was our daily driver, but we also had armorers to do whatever it needed to keep them running. For work-ups it would not be unusual to put 10,000 rounds through one in a week.
    Holy Crap! That's a lot of shooting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Holy Crap! That's a lot of shooting.
    Yes, it was, and a lot of loading 7-round mags lol....

We did not shoot nearly as much during or after deployment. But those work-ups, tho....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123