Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powers out, is my food thawing in my deep freezer?

Feedback Score
    We bit the bullet in February and had a Generac 24kw whole house backup generator installed. It runs off propane from our tank for furnace and water heater. What a great investment it was. Never looked back.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    We bit the bullet in February and had a Generac 24kw whole house backup generator installed. It runs off propane from our tank for furnace and water heater. What a great investment it was. Never looked back.
    If you don’t mind me asking, what they hit you for? I would need to get a Lp tank because the NG line stops 800’ from my house and they want $10 per foot to run it to me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You are going to be stunned at what large LP tanks cost. They are in short supply and extremely expensive.

A new thousand gallon tank could be almost as much as what they want to charge you to extend natural gas.

Hopefully that will come down.

In our area you can dig the ditch and run the pipe yourself and they will connect to it. But we also have multiple natural gas providers competing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    You are going to be stunned at what large LP tanks cost. They are in short supply and extremely expensive.

A new thousand gallon tank could be almost as much as what they want to charge you to extend natural gas.

Hopefully that will come down.

In our area you can dig the ditch and run the pipe yourself and they will connect to it. But we also have multiple natural gas providers competing.
    My local company has rentals which aren’t very high as long as you use X amount of gas. They are then responsible for the tank. Only downside is they are the only ones that can fill it.

Issue digging the line is there are other utilities in the servitude and 3 driveways to get under.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12