Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armorys New Hand Gun

Feedback Score
    What's the problem with the optic mounting?

This looks like direct mounting, no plates.

Is it because there isn't enough contact between the two and the screws are bearing shearing forces?

Feedback Score
    I have an XDM-E Compact .45 with an optic that has done very well.

I got it because reloading (and finding my cases on the ground) .45 is easier than some others and wanted something more powerful than 9mm. (For when I'm willing to carry a larger pistol)

But then I read 3 instances (out of tens of thousands of gun guns with this trigger I suppose) of the trigger safety breaking, making the gun useless. (Trigger dingus breaks at its hinge and you cannot disengage it thus you can't pull the trigger)

And there are a few, mostly older reports of the grip safety failing.

I stopped carrying it because of that trigger breakage issue. It's too bad because the gun eats my LFN reloads just fine and is very soft-shooting. Accurate and reliable, too.

I keep shooting it waiting for something to break but it runs and runs.

But if the trigger can break at any time, well that's a nightmare in a nightmare.

Really preferring DA/SA I got a PX4 .45. But I don't care for it.

I've been carrying a 92X and now am putting together a 96A1.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    What's the problem with the optic mounting?

This looks like direct mounting, no plates.

Is it because there isn't enough contact between the two and the screws are bearing shearing forces?
    The biggest ass ache in my experience is the fasteners coming loose. The non standard thread pitches on the non standard fastener sizes is also a pain in the ass.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Just
    Another
    Mediocre
    Stryker gun. Hard pass.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's it. I mean... It might be nice, but now you have a whole new set of holsters and mags to supply yourself with. Low bore axis would be huge if we still shot 40 or 45, but it's less critical in the womens division.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From what little I can tell from here, it's a day late and a dollar short.

Nothing special. I'd say direct optic mount (if it's RMR pattern, most common) is far better than stupid Glock MOS or any setup requiring plates.

But we Glocksters get around that with the plethora of high quality inexpensive aftermarket slides out there.

This gun would've been a hit 10 years ago. Damn Springfield, catch up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I looked at it from a Brownells link I got. Not a bad looking pistol. I mean, I'd try one if I KNEW there'd be NO Safety or Quality issues with certainty. But that's a high expectation in today's world of corner cutting and half assery in production.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Brownells and Palmetto's price is $640, Bud's price is $600.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The intro was cringy and the voice drove me up a wall, but mostly I want to see if the QC and design is better than the recent disaster that was the Prodigy.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    At first glance I think they are trying to do some good things.
    Direct mounting of all optics
    Low Bore axis
    Oh shit that is kinda short list.

But if they figure QC, make decent mags then for a first time user it might be OK. Its just so hard to come into this market with HK, Glock, Sig.. so well established why would you buy this gun over a VP9, or G19 or one of those cheap C2 Stacatto's I am so fond of carrying.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast