Thread: new hotness in suppressor covers?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

new hotness in suppressor covers?

It's been a while and I remember a thread about suppressor covers but cannot find it so I'm starting a new one.

I'm looking for a suppressor cover for a Surefire SOCOM 7.62. My main concern is defeating mirage. The only cover experience I have is an ancient Bowers Group griptastic cover that I use on a 5.56 can.

Has there any new technology since then? What are you all using?

Feedback Score
    Armageddon Gear incorporates the latest technology into their suppressor covers, they offer multiple styles, have a good warranty, and they’re popular among the precision rifle shooters.

I like mine!
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Armageddon Gear incorporates the latest technology into their suppressor covers
    And what technology is that? Doesn't look any different from the many nylon covers I've seen (Rifle's Only, Precision Underground, TAB Gear, etc.). This isn't to say it isn't a quality product or that it doesn't work for low round-count mirage mitigation, but it does not look like there's been anything new at all in that realm in the last few years.

I've still got two Warsport Suppressor socks, and also have two Liberty's Defense silencer covers; the Liberty's Defense are substantially more overbuilt than the Warsport. I am also intrigued by the MODTAC Suppressor Shield, and also would like to play with a Burnproof Gear if possible. The Magpul Suppressor Cover is also something newer and different from your standard nylon cover. That being said, for just mirage, I would think that the nylon covers should work fine if you're not looking to mag dump, since the LD, MODTAC, and BPG are all quite pricey.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have used Rifles Only with good success, good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks guys. Ended up going with a Precision Underground based on feedback on snipers hide.