Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Oil Advice

Feedback Score
    Back in the day used LSA. I've used many different since with no issues. Now Breakfree CLP because of local availability and it works well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Ballistol also non-toxic.

I use that, Clenzoil, and high-temp Lithium grease, depending on application / use.
    Good stuff

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've used Slip2000 with good results for lots of years, but still prefer Fireclean (i know i know it's just vegetable oil blah blah, but for me it has worked better than anything else i've ever used hands down, and i've used alot of different stuff. Less carbon build up and stays slick without leaving a lot of residue. It could be made of dirt and unicorn jizz for all i care, it just plain works lol).

But with gun oil, there are so many good options just find what you like and use it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sperm Whale oil.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Honestly they all work fine enough. I use Mobile 1 synthetic sometimes, sometimes CLP, sometimes Ballistol, sometimes "machine gun lube," sometimes ALG GoJuice ...

See, I have chronic dry eyes, so use some rewetting tears when I wake up every morning. So I just save the bottles, label them, and top them off from a bigger bottle. I just grab whatever is sitting on my bench.

Having said that, Mobile 1 is in the 3 bags I regularly take to the range, as is Lucas Gun Oil (since I randomly bought it at AutoZone and just left it in the truck).

I've shot over 1k rounds in an AR without relubing, over 500 in a Sig 229, probably over 1k in a Glock 19. Really it doesn't matter all that much. Eventually I get around to wiping them and relubing them - when I actually do a cleaning, it's usually mobile 1 or the GoJuice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Honestly they all work fine enough.
    True for the most part. It's just that on the AR, my struggle has been keeping it where it should be. When I used mobile 1, it the bolt would be dry after a few "clips". The frog lube stuff stays there and I can just add more every 3 or 4 shoots.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I remember an interview with a retired Formula 1 crew chief where he was asked about his favorite motor oil. His response was there is only two things you need to know about oil: 1. Have oil in the motor and 2. Change it regularly. Everything else is a very distant third.

I reckon the same applies to gun oil- some are better than others but just make sure there is something on your gun. That being said I have been using Cherrybalmz for the last few years and have been impressed with the way it stays on the gun.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    True for the most part. It's just that on the AR, my struggle has been keeping it where it should be. When I used mobile 1, it the bolt would be dry after a few "clips". The frog lube stuff stays there and I can just add more every 3 or 4 shoots.
    That's funny, as I have the opposite experience. Seems like Mobile 1 is always wet.

Whereas with Frog Lube, I had to mortar the thing apart and had issues shooting in 40-50 degree weather. After the 2nd trip, I tossed it in the trash. I know live in a place that seen negative digits every winter, and I'll never touch FL again. Though Cherry Balmz winter stuff seemed to work well enough last year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123