Thread: PEQ15 or 15A sight in help

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

PEQ15 or 15A sight in help

With a laser like the PEQ-15A (DBAL-A2), what is the distance that it should be zero'd at? The paperwork says 25m, is this what is commonly used in the military? Would a 50m zero be better, so as to be the same as the zero of the aimpoint on this particular rifle?

Anyone know of any bore sighting targets for the PEQ-15A?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    With a laser like the PEQ-15A (DBAL-A2), what is the distance that it should be zero'd at? The paperwork says 25m, is this what is commonly used in the military? Would a 50m zero be better, so as to be the same as the zero of the aimpoint on this particular rifle?

uhh, well, the Peq-15 isn't the DBAL, the DBAL is something completely different. The Peq-15 is aka ATPIAL. I actually messed around with the DBAL earlier today. Looks alot different then the Peq-15.
    "OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen
    "The eyes of heaven are upon you, But so is the souls from down below.
    Here’s to Hell! May my stay there be as much fun as my way there!”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boresight targets are available for the PEQ-15(LA-5) off of AKO.

Zero them for a parallel zero at 25 and you will be good.

Mike Pannone's M4/AR15 pocket book is the best reference for laser zeroing by far and is much more usable than any USGI reference I have seen. It includes data tables and offsets for the rail you are mounting it on (IE top, left or right).

Feedback Score

PEQ-15 /15A

NightStalker, the AN/PEQ-15 is in fact the ATPIAL, the AN/PEQ-15A is the Laser Devices DBAL. The Army made a multipile award for the MFAL contract.

S/F

Pete

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Thanks for clarifying that. I saw that as well and was like WTF? As far as I knew they were the same one name being the civilian name from LD and the other the military designation.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    NightStalker, the AN/PEQ-15 is in fact the ATPIAL, the AN/PEQ-15A is the Laser Devices DBAL. The Army made a multipile award for the MFAL contract.

S/F

Pete

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I did infact say PEQ-15A (DBAL-A2) in the original post.

I appreciate the info guys, I will get ahold of Mike Pannone's M4/AR15 pocket book, as I am not in service and not a vet, so I cannot get the info off AKO. It is my understanding that there is only info on the PEQ-15 there, not the 15A.

Thanks again

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post

S/F

Pete
    Well, thank you for the info. Hootiewho, I apologize for the comments I made.
    "OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen
    "The eyes of heaven are upon you, But so is the souls from down below.
    Here’s to Hell! May my stay there be as much fun as my way there!”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I appreciate the info guys, I will get ahold of Mike Pannone's M4/AR15 pocket book, as I am not in service and not a vet, so I cannot get the info off AKO.
    Are you looking for an intersecting BZO to 300m as the publications call for, or will infinite parallel suffice for your purposes?
    Last edited by JSantoro; 01-11-09 at 21:24.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I simply zeroed mine for 100 yards.