Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The new trijicon hotness has arrived!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Finally got to play with the new RMR HD, I don't know why people arent mentioning this and talking about window size instead, I guess everyone is just insecure about their window size. But the electronics package in this thing is insane. The front facing light sensor and auto brightness feature not only works but is highly responsive as in it instantly bumps the brightness the moment I flip on the high lumen/lux weaponlight to a usable level, completely different from the top mounted light sensors like Holosun which were pretty dog sh1t at detecting horizontal light coming from the target. The reticle switching is nice but we've seen that before in the Holosuns, supposedly there are features that let you gate the auto brightness settings to fall within a certain min to max range but seems like a massive pita when you need to play telegraph with the 2 buttons.

A auto-brightness light sensor that actually works is pretty game changing especially with its near instant response time, I guess time will tell how well it holds up. Not sure if the enclosed emitter RMR has the same features but the light sensor alone puts this above any other pistol optic. Now I know where the money went and its not just bigger glass but feel free to keep comparing glass sizes.
    You just got to play with it and not purchase? I'm very much thinking of getting the 507 Comp, but this looks super promising and I know it got the nod from the all important Aaron Cowen who for the most part hasn't had many misses with his reviews. The price tag seems steep as well and I just am always a little skeptical of anything new nowadays, as the latest and greatest X, Y, or Z just doesn't seem to live up to the hype until a few years of minor improvements.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pre ordered one from Euro Optic a few days ago, has anyone who's not in industry gotten one in the wild yet?

Feedback Score
    RMR HD 3.25 are being shipped to dealers as we speak.

Was told RCR is not ready to ship yet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Now that gave me a chuckle , gracias. It needs an ACOG on that dawg.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 09-21-23 at 15:16.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Why do you hate them?

The scalloped top is to increase resistance to lens breakage from drops. Triji patented this, which is why you don’t see it on other brands.
    I never knew the reason, makes sense though. Good thing is most dots even the Holosun are pretty durable. The RMR is king for tuffness and I run a couple on a VP9 and FNX, and on those guns they seem great to me, on others I have struggled. Every gun and every combo has its plusses and minuses. And training can remedy the minuses if need be.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Running a Holosun 407 next to a RMR makes the RMR seem small. Interesting to find out that Trijicon patented the design of the housing. I'll probably set up with one of these new designs at some point and give it a fair shot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    A auto-brightness light sensor that actually works is pretty game changing especially with its near instant response time, I guess time will tell how well it holds up. Not sure if the enclosed emitter RMR has the same features but the light sensor alone puts this above any other pistol optic.
    The Holosun SCS also has a forward facing sensor if I recall. You've tried the SCS and found it lacking I presume?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    You just got to play with it and not purchase? I'm very much thinking of getting the 507 Comp, but this looks super promising and I know it got the nod from the all important Aaron Cowen who for the most part hasn't had many misses with his reviews. The price tag seems steep as well and I just am always a little skeptical of anything new nowadays, as the latest and greatest X, Y, or Z just doesn't seem to live up to the hype until a few years of minor improvements.
    Wasn't for sale, apparently the guy's been running it for months without anyone noticing since it looks like any other RMR unless you get up close, probably under NDA until now. Im pretty much a manual set it and forget it guy but if the electronics holds up I'd probably end up getting one eventually, hopefully the price comes down when I do decide to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The Holosun SCS also has a forward facing sensor if I recall. You've tried the SCS and found it lacking I presume?
    No, actually Ive shot pistols with them on but only on the flat range in daylight. Unless Im at a specific low light class or in the case of playing with the RMR HD, training at an indoor range where you had full control of the lights getting to fully test light sensing is pretty rare. Ill definitely look into it now that you mentioned it.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I found the RMR HD locally and decided to give it a try. After 2 trips I like it more than I ever liked the OG RMR. Time will tell on it, but currently;

Window size is great
    dot is sharper for me than my RMR type 2, not as good as my Holosun EPS carry (blue tint still exists, I have astigmatism as well)
    Top load battery rocks
    buttons are solid
    Light sensor works fantastic at both indoor and outdoor ranges (the reason I bought it over the RCR first)

2023-09-26_02-06-31 by Willis, on Flickr
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good to hear, talked to Euro Optic this AM, said they should be shipping in October, so hopefully sooner.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345