Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301T or Benelli M4 LE

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If i you pure going by feel, then it’s no contest. The 1301 is significantly lighter, with a shorter length of pull.

None of the M4s strengths over the 1301 can be felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Sorry I should have been more clear in my post. Meant to say I’ll get hands with both (including actually shooting them). I have a range nearby that I’m sure has the 1301 for rent. Going to double check if they have M4’s as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Beretta 1301T or Benelli M4 LE

Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    If i you pure going by feel, then it’s no contest. The 1301 is significantly lighter, with a shorter length of pull.

None of the M4s strengths over the 1301 can be felt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    M4 “might” be less felt recoil thanks to being heavier. Although all of my Berettas are generally very soft shooters.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Not to muddy the waters, but you might want to take a look at the new Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol as well.

I was helping AI at a shotgun instructor class last weekend. There were six 1301's, and four A300 UP's on the line. Not a single one of the Beretta's had an issue.

I have three Beretta's, and four Benelli's for class purposes. I'd go with the Beretta based on current production and prices.

Just my dos not very shiny centavos.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thanks, I admittedly haven’t paid much attention to the A300. I figured it was just a budget version of the 1301. I’m glad to hear that the Berettas are doing well. I’ll look into the A300 as well.

Feedback Score
    The most noticeable difference for most people between the two are the weight, built, & perceived recoil. Depending on the individual the weight of the M4 can be a turn off, to others they prefer the weight cause it helps absorb some of the recoil but if people learn & get good with the push/pull method the decision picking one over the other becomes so much clear because the only clear difference is the weight which can be challenging depending on your conditioning during a long hot day shooting course.
    I give the edge to the 1301T because of LOP20230529_075150_resized.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Will the A300 run reliably with the reduced recoil buckshot ?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    If you go with the 1301 go ahead and pick up some o-rings for maintenance.

To me the biggest flaw in the M4 is the lack of appropriate stock options. I have an LE model and I DESPISE the stock. It absolutely beats my cheekbone to pieces. I ordered a field stock and if course it has a loP appropriate foe a Wookiee. I had to hack mine down and fill it with marine epoxy so I could attach a new butrpad….a serious pita. The beretta has an excellent length stock from the factory.

That being said, the M4 is wan absolute beast. It runs crappy leaky buckshot, birdshot, whatever garbage you want. And pretty much every critical part is metal and overbuilt. Definitely the ultimate doomshotty
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    Will the A300 run reliably with the reduced recoil buckshot ?
    Yes, the A300 is basically a different version of their sporting shotgun design, which is capable of cycling very light target loads.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    That being said, the M4 is wan absolute beast. It runs crappy leaky buckshot, birdshot, whatever garbage you want.
    Interesting, as i've heard the opposite from many people. One of the big complaints of the M4 is that it WON'T run whatever garbage you want, mainly it can have issues cycling lighter loads or birdshot. I don't own a M4 (i went with the 1301 tactical), but it seems not cycling light loads is a common complaint of the M4. But again, that's just from friends who own them, and internet forums, I don't personally own one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast