Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301T or Benelli M4 LE

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Interesting, as i've heard the opposite from many people. One of the big complaints of the M4 is that it WON'T run whatever garbage you want, mainly it can have issues cycling lighter loads or birdshot. I don't own a M4 (i went with the 1301 tactical), but it seems not cycling light loads is a common complaint of the M4. But again, that's just from friends who own them, and internet forums, I don't personally own one.
    I've never tried lighter loads in mine, its only been fed Buck and Slugs. I changed the optic on mine, so it needs re-sighting. I'll throw some target loads down range and post back here on my sample of one. It can run on only one piston, so I'm fairly certain it should do just fine on the lighter loads.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I've never tried lighter loads in mine, its only been fed Buck and Slugs. I changed the optic on mine, so it needs re-sighting. I'll throw some target loads down range and post back here on my sample of one. It can run on only one piston, so I'm fairly certain it should do just fine on the lighter loads.
    Let us know what you find. Hopefully it cycles fine, those i know who have had issues were using low power slugs or buckshot like Fiocci stuff, and some birdshot etc. They complained of failures to extract, stovepiping, etc. Maybe they have a break in period or something, but i'm sure it's not all M4s. I did come across similar complaints online though when researching between the 1301 and M4, so seems to be somewhat common.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Benelli made a “low recoil” marked M4 barrel, so obviously there was a problem with lower power shells. Then there were reports of something breaking on some of those with heavy shells.

My guess is they split the gas drive difference on commercial guns going forward and I haven’t heard anything since.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mine is less than a year old if that helps. I run reloads that are so crappy that the powder coming out of them has seized the follower in the mag tubes. I did a series of videos on my 1301 a few years back and I LOVE them so I have no axe to grind. Mine LOVED Flite control.

I will say this. I don't find the M4 to be particularly low recoiling. Whenever I watch a video of people they talk about how little recoil they have. I haven't noticed that when running full power buckshot. That being said, a lot of my opinion was born from the horrible m4 adjustable stock.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I will say this. I don't find the M4 to be particularly low recoiling. Whenever I watch a video of people they talk about how little recoil they have. I haven't noticed that when running full power buckshot. That being said, a lot of my opinion was born from the horrible m4 adjustable stock.
    Yeah, I haven't noticed my M4 being low in recoil either, but I've shot only buck and slugs which aren't particularly light on the shoulder. I have the LE stock on mine, which probably doesn't help. But its also fairly heavy, which should help make it more manageable.

My Beretta A400, even with the KO, is subjectively my heaviest recoiling 12, shooting the regular target stuff, I think primarily due to its lighter weight.

It is hard to compare shotgun recoil if you aren't considering the rounds you're shooting. My Xtrema2 is by far the worst, but its cycling 3 or 3.5" waterfowl shoulder destroyers. I have shot target loads through the Xtrema2 and its a pussy cat.

I just don't have a lot of use for a shorter barreled gun at the target range, so it usually never sees that sort of action.

I don't own the 1301, but imagine, based on the bolt and piston design, its closer to the A400 than anything else I own.

ETA: My M4 was purchased new in 2015.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-18-23 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The 1301T is A400 3” based and you can use the field barrels by adding a spacer to the gas block.

I’ve found that the stock makes a big difference in perceived recoil on shotguns for me. But no doubt the weight difference will help the M4 here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I put this on my M4. Cut the length of pull and took the bite out of 1oz slugs as compared to the OEM pistol grip stock.
    https://mesatactical.com/urbino-pist...elli-m4-12-ga/
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Mesa stock. I really like the shorter length, but the shape of the comb doesn't agree with the shape of my face, so it lives in a drawer.

If the shit hits the fan, I'd probably re-install it and deal with the discomfort.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    I put this on my M4. Cut the length of pull and took the bite out of 1oz slugs as compared to the OEM pistol grip stock.
    https://mesatactical.com/urbino-pist...elli-m4-12-ga/
    Did you go with the riser and/or a limb saver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I hacked down a field stock (which was a F Load of work that I wasn't competent to do). It really improves the handling.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast