Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tourniquet Mounted on Holster

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The CAT appeared to have been issued to the LEOs in the video in question, and position seems to have been fairly standardized, as other LEOs from the same department were shown to also have a CAT attached to the front of their holsters.

I would wager that the vast majority of TQs sold are in fact not fashion accessories, but medical equipment that is issued to agencies and institutions.
    Issued gear can be fashion accessories.

https://www.ammoland.com/2013/03/ny-...-on-backwards/

https://www.sf2a.org/whatswrong.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    This goes back to training, which is honestly much more important, and should lead to gear selection or placement. I've honestly never tried to add a tourniquet to my OWB holster, but I get the idea of why someone does.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Neither of those examples shown look like fashion accessories to me. Gross misuse, sure, but the users didn't slap them on there to try and project a specific image, but likely simply were being forced to use them, never learned how to use them, and so totally ****ed up using them.

Are some folks putting TQs on their holsters just to try and fit in with whatever cool thing is on social media? Absolutely. This does not mean that putting a TQ on your holster somehow is retarded and is only used for posturing, particularly in the cited video, where the TQ on a holster seems to have likely have been a mandated mounting spot. It certainly doesn't mean that "with 99% of tourniquets sold... IT'S A FASHION ACCESSORY".
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Because as with 99% of tourniquets sold... IT'S A FASHION ACCESSORY for "Look at me Syndrome" Retards.

How else are people going to know how high speed you are of you don't flaunt that shit!!
    What medical equipment do you bring with you while shooting?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Because as with 99% of tourniquets sold... IT'S A FASHION ACCESSORY for "Look at me Syndrome" Retards.

How else are people going to know how high speed you are of you don't flaunt that shit!!
    Absolute bullshit. I’ve not only seen cops correctly and successfully use TQs, but also happen to know that medics grab them from the wounded to use without depleting theirs.

For the record, I don’t put them on holsters or advocate for that. But I do teach medics to check the beltline for Class VIII. And I frequently wear them on my beltline.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Most of the matches I shoot I see many guys with them on their belt. If someone got shot, there would be plenty to go around. I keep a couple in my shooting trucks for easy access. Never seen one on a holster.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The way I see it, I'm out of real estate on my belt because I try to keep the backside clear for comfort reasons and my department doesn't issue an outer carrier with molle so this solution makes the most sense.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Lol at the 90% FUDD replies in here.

TQ on holster makes it available by both hands, does not add bulk to holster or get in the way of anything, stops TQ fraying your uniform, and the mounts often allow a more neutral cant of the holster which adds in draw speed.

These things are vetted beyond belief.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Lol at the 90% FUDD replies in here.

TQ on holster makes it available by both hands, does not add bulk to holster or get in the way of anything, stops TQ fraying your uniform, and the mounts often allow a more neutral cant of the holster which adds in draw speed.

These things are vetted beyond belief.
    You’re absolutely right. With that said, I like to keep mine protected from the relentless equatorial sun, so I use pouches. One is just forward of my holster on my belt, so its within millimeters of where it would be if attached directly to the holster.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You’re absolutely right. With that said, I like to keep mine protected from the relentless equatorial sun, so I use pouches. One is just forward of my holster on my belt, so its within millimeters of where it would be if attached directly to the holster.
    Probably the only issue I might see happening is that if the TQ is mounted on lets say a Safariland DO model with the flip up optics cover and the TQ starts riding out of the pouch it could block the optics cover from flipping out of the way and snagging on the optic, so like you said fully covered pouch is ideal.

As for putting it on the outboard side of the holster, I run a Safariland ALS mid ride with the QLS fork and that already kicks it out to the point where its already banging on everything, I don't think Id want to add more bulk, again ymmv on the holster choice and set up.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast