Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first journey into the Class III world

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My first journey into the Class III world

At the end of last year (like Dec 31st) a friend of mine pointed out a Fully Transferable AR-15 that was converted to shoot full-auto before the 1986 cut-off. I'm not sure why, but the price was right and the lower receiver started out as a Colt SP1.

So I contacted the Dealer (out of state) and purchased it. Yesterday, I got to fondle and drool over it at my dealer when I dropped by to have him sign the Form 4 (I told him I would take care of the paperwork). Today I dropped off the 2 copies of the Form 4, a cope of my RLT Declaration of Trust and Schedule A, plus a $200 check for the Tax.

Fortunately, the .22LR Conversion Kit I bought is for the M-16 and I should be able to shoot it full-auto without going even further in debt.

The process to date has been as follows:

Jan 1 - Purchase agreed to by e-mail and phone.
    Jan 30 - Was informed by out-of-state dealer that he finally received approval to ship to the local dealer.
    Feb 4 - Local Dealer was able to obtain rifle from shipping company.
    Feb 6 - Mailed out Form 4 (and other documents).

We'll see how long before I get the permission to take possession at which point I still have to register it with the VA State Police. My guess is that barring any hold-ups, I should hear something around the end of May. Is it May yet?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    My guess is that barring any hold-ups, I should hear something around the end of May. Is it May yet?
    May? I thought Form 4s were going through a lot faster than that these days.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    Full auto .22 would rock, I've only shot 5.56, 9mm and 30'06 in full auto and it was $$$$$ every time for ammo.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by frbowers View Post
    I'm just trying to keep myself grounded on this. I'm basing this estimate on how long it took my last Form 1 and the Form 4 I am still awaiting for my .22 Suppressor.

I'd rather receive the approval earlier than I expected than the other way around.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Full auto .22 would rock, I've only shot 5.56, 9mm and 30'06 in full auto and it was $$$$$ every time for ammo.
    I even have no less than 10 BDM 25-round magazines for it and I plan on ordering more.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    You know, once you go full-auto, you never go back. This is where the disease gets really bad. One machine gun/subgun is not enought....I never thought I would need anything other than an M-16...well was I ever wrong.

Condolences.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frbowers View Post
    Not since The Kenyan's election. It seems there has been a MASSIVE influx of transfer applications since November 4th of last year.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4fun View Post
    You know, once you go full-auto, you never go back. This is where the disease gets really bad. One machine gun/subgun is not enought....I never thought I would need anything other than an M-16...well was I ever wrong.

Condolences.
    Thanks. Just over 2-years ago I started out with an SBR. Not I have 2 SBRs, 2 suppressors (one is still pending), and this.

"Hi, I'm Carlos and I'm an NFA-holic!!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    Not since The Kenyan's election. It seems there has been a MASSIVE influx of transfer applications since November 4th of last year.

+1 I'm in line for a few things myself. And you're so right about the heritage of our CinC. And everybody thought Bush "trashed" the Constitution....

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Thanks. Just over 2-years ago I started out with an SBR. Not I have 2 SBRs, 2 suppressors (one is still pending), and this.

"Hi, I'm Carlos and I'm an NFA-holic!!"

I'm right there too. Just wait till you start on the DD's.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    ...Just wait till you start on the DD's.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 02-09-09 at 17:00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast