Hey everyone, I posted this in another thread on the C2, but I didn’t want to drift the thread away from the OP. I have shot 1911’s in the past, but never owned one, and never really read too much about them. I’ve been getting more and more interested in the Staccato pistols, and started looking into them more and more. Something that stuck out to me, that I haven’t seen as an issue with polymer framed guns, was the steel vs aluminum frame debate. Is this a real thing? Or is it more more of a theoretical issue?

I saw mentions of aluminum frames not being as durable. Has anyone here seen one start to lose tolerances? I’m guessing the “aluminum frames will crack at 20k rounds” is mostly exaggeration, but how often do these start to wear out?

As far as the P and C2 go, for people who have experience with both:

Have you tried carrying your P? On paper it doesn’t look like they’re too far apart (P and C2). I’ve seen some people also remove the mag well off the P’s or swap the grips for C2 grips.

I know there’s the weight difference which is probably the biggest thing against the P for CCW, but I also see lots of guys saying they carry a C2 + X300 with an extra mag in one of the TRex holsters (or whatever the holster is that holds an extra mag on it). So I wonder how much of it is really a big deal.

To add onto the above, I think it’s a lot easier to hit 30k rounds than a lot of us like to say, at least IMO. Of course it’s not going to happen within one calendar year for most of us. But for a carry gun that you also train with regularly, those round counts quickly add up. If these things were priced like Glocks, it’d be less of an issue, but at close to $2k, I’d want it to outlast me and maybe my kids.

I probably won’t be buying one of these anytime soon, unless a good deal pops up, or I have some extra funds become available. I currently carry a G19 with RMR and X300 AIWB. I don’t know that I would switch over to a C2 or P from the Glock, but the temptation to at least try it is pretty strong.