Thread: Wilson Combat BCG blem

Feedback Score

Wilson Combat BCG blem

Picked up a BCG from Wilson and just went to use it found that the cam pin is a bitch to remove and has a interference issue with the gas key
    or carrier/bolt alignment. Any one else find this problem. Contacted Wilson figure they will take care of it.
    TIA Greg

Update- got a RMA and shipping label from Wilson
    Last edited by greg1147; 08-21-23 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How does the cam pin interfere with the key?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Earlier (this year?), WC released a metric ton of nonfunctional BCG’s as “blems.” If just return it if they let you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Earlier (this year?), WC released a metric ton of nonfunctional BCG’s as “blems.” If just return it if they let you.
    Wow, if true what a dirt bag move. Blemished means still works, but not pretty.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Wow, if true what a dirt bag move. Blemished means still works, but not pretty.
    Hey! It's the name and prestige of ownership that you're buying. Not function.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    How does the cam pin interfere with the key?
    Key won't slide into the Carrier and bolt, looks as though part of the gas key tube is keeping the cam pin from lining up.
    There is a section under the tube that looks to be a support I circled the area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by greg1147; 08-21-23 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    was a major douche move by wilson, lost me as a customer

spoke to the rep as I returned mine and he told me more than half were coming back! cotter pins jammed in and bent preventing firing pin from working, wrong cut in the cam channel, tool marks and more

bolts looked great however

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    was a major douche move by wilson, lost me as a customer

spoke to the rep as I returned mine and he told me more than half were coming back! cotter pins jammed in and bent preventing firing pin from working, wrong cut in the cam channel, tool marks and more

bolts looked great however
    Did they replace it or refund?

BTW I did offer to send it to School of American Rifle on Youtube they declined.
    Last edited by greg1147; 08-22-23 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1147 View Post
    Did they replace it or refund?

BTW I did offer to send it to School of American Rifle on Youtube they declined.
    they took it back and then waited to refund. That too was bs. They should have said keep it, send in the pics and then we'll refund. Just all around $hitty way to handle things

between that fiasco, the recent barrel issues and the way they handled it with me I'm done with them. No way someone didn't know what they were sending out, just no way and the rep on the phone all but admitted it
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 08-22-23 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    they took it back and then waited to refund. That too was bs. They should have said keep it, send in the pics and then we'll refund. Just all around $hitty way to handle things

between that fiasco, the recent barrel issues and the way they handled it with me I'm done with them. No way someone didn't know what they were sending out, just no way and the rep on the phone all but admitted it
    I am little annoyed they didn't send out emails to customers after they found out the issue. Being Wilson Combat and all.
    From Wilson Combat:
    I just wanted to let you know that I have submitted your BCG to the shop for service repair. Your invoice number is listed below.

Got it back and runs as it should
    thanks WC.
    Last edited by greg1147; 10-26-23 at 10:03. Reason: update