Thread: Springfield Ronin

Feedback Score

Springfield Ronin

Thinking about buying a Springfield Armory Ronin. Commander size 4.25. I like the aluminum frame. Will probably stay with .45 as I already have several mags. I want to stay in that price range. Anybody own one, thoughts, opinions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Ronin Commander but in 9mm. I've had it going on a year. It has @600 rounds with no malfunctions. Trigger is good enough, overall I like it. I bought it as a range toy and have not carried it anywhere except to the range. Again I know its not a .45 but it is a soft shooter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the 9mm, great pistol, very accurate. I did a few upgrades "just because" other than the ambi safety, I'm a lefty. I did feel the Cerakote was poorly done. Overall quite pleased with it.

Before;

After;

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Aluminum frame 1911s in .45 have long been regarded as good to carry but not necessarily great to shoot. I've never found them particularly enjoyable to shoot. In 9mm, they're quite a bit more manageable.

Otherwise like most Springfields, it will probably be an acceptable mass produced gun. It may also have issues. No way of knowing until you get your hands on it.

What do you intend to do with the gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Aluminum frame 1911s in .45 have long been regarded as good to carry but not necessarily great to shoot. I've never found them particularly enjoyable to shoot. In 9mm, they're quite a bit more manageable.

Otherwise like most Springfields, it will probably be an acceptable mass produced gun. It may also have issues. No way of knowing until you get your hands on it.

What do you intend to do with the gun?
    These have ramped barrels so I don’t see the aluminum frame being a downside.
    Use will be range shooting and occasional carry.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The issue isn't necessarily the ramped barrel, it's the increase in felt recoil and long term concerns about durability in high use guns. The durability concern is largely overblown for most people.

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and got the Ronin, 4.25" barrel. I've already put over 300 rounds through it. Mostly 230g ball but also some Hydra-Shok’s and HST. Zero issues, it ran 100% right out of the box. Sights are well regulated.
    I’m really liking the light weight, thin grips and overall balance of the gun. I got a Vedder Light-tuck for it. So far, I have nothing bad to say.
    Thanks to everyone who responded.