Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Busting Charging Handles

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0331 View Post
    Happy I didn’t pick one of those up. I will stick with my older bcm/vltor one. Like I said I am happy with its performance.
    Definitely keep rocking that. No reason to drop it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anybody try the SilencerCo Gas Defeating Charging Handle (GDCH) yet?

To me it seems like a good idea on paper. Never seen one in the wild though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Anybody try the SilencerCo Gas Defeating Charging Handle (GDCH) yet?

To me it seems like a good idea on paper. Never seen one in the wild though.

TFB did a review on gas busting charging handles. That one did not fair well IIRC. That is the only thing I have ever read/heard on them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    TFB did a review on gas busting charging handles. That one did not fair well IIRC. That is the only thing I have ever read/heard on them.
    Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Happened to be talking with a buddy over the weekend (LGS owner with SOT so he shoots more than a fair amount of full auto suppressed.) He said his issue with the SiCo is it has o rings or grommets on it that wear out and fail. I am not at all familiar with the design and am paraphrasing here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I was actually fairly unimpressed with the PRI gasbuster, considering the reputation it carries. You would be better off getting a newer BCM than the PRI, in my limited experience.

I sold my PRI, if that tells you anything. And that was prior to grabbing a Geissele ACH.

Admitedly, I don't have a lot of experience with multiple brands of gas busting charging handles, but i did switch to the PRI CHs on 3 of my suppressed ARs, and it made a noticeable difference. I've been happy with mine, but maybe i don't know what i'm missing with other options.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Admitedly, I don't have a lot of experience with multiple brands of gas busting charging handles, but i did switch to the PRI CHs on 3 of my suppressed ARs, and it made a noticeable difference. I've been happy with mine, but maybe i don't know what i'm missing with other options.
    They are definitely better than milsepc, but they are far from the best that is out there right now.

If you are happy with them, no reason to change.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    They are definitely better than milsepc, but they are far from the best that is out there right now.

If you are happy with them, no reason to change.

Ya, i got them on a sale, so i've been happy, but glad to know there are other options. Are the new BCM ones the best option currently? I do love BCM CHs, and have them on all my non-suppressed guns.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Ya, i got them on a sale, so i've been happy, but glad to know there are other options. Are the new BCM ones the best option currently? I do love BCM CHs, and have them on all my non-suppressed guns.
    The prior generation BCM CH's are really robust and well made. These new models, I have not touched yet. But they look to be improved, with a specific focus on gas mitigation.

I dunno how they stack, but it seems that they would be on of the better options, based on the merits of the design (and images).

Feedback Score
    Had a chance to try a buddy's Radian in my 10.5 colt barreled SBR running a Polonium full size (which is known to be a gassy beotch.) I will say it did make a noticeable difference. I have a BCM 11.5 SBR build that also needs one. I ordered the new gen BCM to try out on that one. Also my Polonium K came in this week so I will try them both with the full size and K version this weekend and see as the K is supposed to have less back pressure.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast