Thread: Lower buildout guidance please

Feedback Score

Lower buildout guidance please

Hi all, long term member but this is my first post here, please forgive any mistakes in protocol

So…. This is for what I call “future family needs” - put more bluntly, a rack of carbines for the general use of the family. I want them as solid as possible, with enough features to make using them simple while keeping the guns flexible for personal modifications. These get used by family and guests who may not be equipped when we have a shooting weekend or other family gathering.

I have six standard Andersen stripped lowers. I want them all the same. I’m looking for forged parts - a decent trigger - 2 stage, and collapsible stock.

Over the years I have MY favorite features. Wearing armor has taught me that everything that sticks out WILL catch on something at the worst possible moment. So a BCM minimalist buttstock on an a6 mil spec buffer tube is my choice. I’m totally ignorant about all the new stuff that’s emerging. Durability is key, don’t want to start swapping broken parts after 2k rounds down range. Not doing the uppers yet. These will be 16in with mid-length gas, in case that matters. I’m only asking about lower parts for now.

What would your suggestions be?

Jim holmes
    Colorado

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I start with a good quality lpk. I like Geissele triggers. I like Forward Controls safeties, mag release buttons and bolt catches. I don't run any A5 extensions but if I were starting multiple fresh builds now I would standardize on them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A good quality lower parts kit and a decent trigger, such as a Geissele, Larue, or one of the Schmidt 2-stage triggers manufactured for one of the various resellers. Personally, I have a few Geissele triggers, a Schmidt, and a pair of Larue triggers. I think the Larue are the best bang for the buck by far; essentially Geissele quality for half the price.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Seems like you aren’t in a hurry.

SOLGW Blaster Guts, LaRue, or CMMG LPK (I like everything about the CMMG Zeroed parts kit except the butt ugly safety)
    Zev Core trigger (two stage Schmid)
    A5 receiver extension and A5H2 buffer
    BCM castle nut and QD end plate

Get everything on good sales, and you’ll be nicely set up.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Also, this is the wrong forum for the question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Also, this is the wrong forum for the question

Where should it go?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldmaster View Post
    Where should it go?
    https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...ral-Discussion

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lower buildout guidance please

My standard LPK In order of preference, based on availability.

-Colt
    -Sionics
    - SOLGW

The remaining standard is as follows:
    - SSA-E G trigger
    - VLTOR A5 RE, with VLTOR A5 spring buffer etc…..
    - Magpul CTR stock