Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feed Ramp Issue

Feedback Score

Feed Ramp Issue

How big of an issue is it if the barrel ramps are ever so slightly proud of the receiver ramps? The barrel is clocked correctly, the ramps line up perfectly, but there is a visible and tactile ledge where the receiver ramps meet the barrel ramps. All chambered rounds seem to make contact 3/4 of the way up on the barrel ramps, so my thought is it may be a non issue. My question is, should I seek to get this fixed or leave it be? This is a new, factory, complete upper receiver group.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not a problem for normal ammo. I've seen some hollow points with big opening tips that have an OAL short as hell. Those can give any feedramps a fit, and wouldn't do good in this situation, but other than that. No problem.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not a problem for normal ammo. I've seen some hollow points with big opening tips that have an OAL short as hell. Those can give any feedramps a fit, and wouldn't do good in this situation, but other than that. No problem.
    Thank you for the reply!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Personally I don't want that. Are you able to disassemble the upper to remove the barrel from the receiver? You could polish down the outer edge of the feed ramps on the barrel extension to eliminate that.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Personally I don't want that. Are you able to disassemble the upper to remove the barrel from the receiver? You could polish down the outer edge of the feed ramps on the barrel extension to eliminate that.
    Could I do that? Yes. Absolutely. But this is a factory upper. If it ends up being a problem, they will be fixing it.

Feedback Score
    If it's factory and new I'd have it fixed, it's not what you paid for.

Feedback Score
    Contacted manufacturer…returning for a refund…again 🫠
    Last edited by DoubleW; 08-31-23 at 14:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feed Ramp Issue

Good call sending it back.

Keep in mind the angle of the projectile coming out of the magazine is also highly dependent on the magazine as well.

You may find some with a shallower angle that would be more problematic than others.

For example, the PMAG M3 was specifically designed with a higher angle to help with M855A1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I won’t name the manufacturer of this upper. I will say, the feed ramps are just one of several pretty major issues on this brand new Upper Receiver Group. I’m pretty disappointed. They’re also making me pay shipping to return their defective product, so that’s nice of them.

Feedback Score
    I admire your reticence, not much of it going around these days. Good luck with your endeavors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast