Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feed Ramp Issue

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If there are other problems, then getting a refund is the smart choice.

If all your magazines present the ammo so that this portion of the feed ramp isn't touched, then I'm inclined to say it doesn't matter. It's not right, but it doesn't affect anything negatively.

Feedback Score
    Aside from the feed ramps being wrong, this particular upper also has an off center gas tube when viewed through the bottom of the upper. That can be caused by a few issues, some minor, some major. Live rounds were also very difficult to extract, brass looked absolutely mangled and projectiles were wrecked after chambering. The chamber appears to be short or overly tight. I’m guessing short though. All of this taken together this thing had to go back. It’s my opinion that this Upper Receiver Group definitely needs some Improvement.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I won’t name the manufacturer of this upper. I will say, the feed ramps are just one of several pretty major issues on this brand new Upper Receiver Group. I’m pretty disappointed. They’re also making me pay shipping to return their defective product, so that’s nice of them.
    Why wouldn’t you? I’ve never understood this, they messed up. You didn’t sign an NDA or something. Warn others who may be having current issues but then update the thread to let us know how they handled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why wouldn’t you? I’ve never understood this, they messed up. You didn’t sign an NDA or something. Warn others who may be having current issues but then update the thread to let us know how they handled it.

Just trying to follow forum rules

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Typically it won't be an issue if you can't get a ballpoint pen to hangup there, but personally if I can get the back of a wooden cotton swab to grab there, I'm addressing it. As springs wear, you add a suppressor, use weak mags, etc.... the more violent the cycle of operations and feeding, the more likely it is to be an issue (hence why "M4 feedramps" are named what they are, and weren't an issue on rifle length gas systems).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    the more violent the cycle of operations and feeding, the more likely it is to be an issue (hence why "M4 feedramps" are named what they are, and weren't an issue on rifle length gas systems)
    This is from the bolt slamming forward causing the rounds to nosedive as they are stripped from the magazine?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Feed Ramp Issue

Just trying to follow forum rules
    Been a minute since I reviewed them but IIRC, they say you have to give the company a chance to make it right before posting. You’ve definitely checked that block already.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I did. They, who shall not be named, sent me an even worse upper. Chance revoked.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The chamber appears to be short or overly tight. I’m guessing short though.
    Upper Receiver Group definitely needs some Improvement.
    I think I know who we’re talking about….
    Last edited by 1168; 09-07-23 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I did. They, who shall not be named, sent me an even worse upper. Chance revoked.
    Right, so name them and let some fellow shooters know who they need to keep an eye on…

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I think I know who we’re talking about….
    You might be right, but it would be nice to get confirmation. The last problem post about them on TOS was made by a new member there who posted in his own thread one other time, made a third post somewhere else on the forum, and has been MIA ever since. Not a real credibility booster.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast