Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGowen barrels

Feedback Score

McGowen barrels

Don't know where to put this, but I want to replace the Volquartsen on my 10/22. Custom barrel on a semi-auto? Anyway:

Don't want a bull barrel, and the only tapered barrels out there are factory take-offs. Except McGowen.

Anybody have experience with them? Reviews seem to indicate accurate barrels, but if you get one that isn't, their customer service is lacking.....

And I wonder if a Bentz chamber will function in a 10/22 or if a standard chamber should be spec'd for the barrel.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any reason you're not looking at Kidd or TacSol?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    All I see with them are bull barrels. Kidd trigger/bolt are on this rifle. Don't want carbon fiber. Tactical Solutions has tapered, but I think (not sure) they have threaded extensions for gucci receivers.....
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 09-03-23 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Benz chamber will work in a 10/22. Helps attain maximum accuracy but does need to be kept relatively clean. A boresnake equivalent will get it done.
    Last edited by mpom; 09-06-23 at 03:04. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    Ah. Sounds like the 9 twist Vq currently in the rifle. 52-54 rounds in, those 60gr SSS start malfing some.... How significant is the accuracy advantage with the Bentz?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't know the percentage, just that my Bentz chambered Green Mountain barrel is significantly more accurate than OEM.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear, considering I have one standard barrel I cut the end off of with a hacksaw (lapping crown with valve grinding compound on a brass screw head) to get the front sight out of the scope picture and another that's epoxied into the reciever with no bolts/v-block to allegedly alleviate downward pull/flex on the receiver. Both shoot 10 shot, 3/4in at 50 (yeah occasional ammo/shooter induced fliers) and 2in at 100. Way,way,way better than the old V, on which I just noticed a slick spot mid barrel when cleaning rod scoots for a stretch....
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 09-07-23 at 19:54.

Feedback Score
    https://fjfeddersen.com/product-cate...ontoured-22lr/

I used to have a Fedderson barreled 10/22. Uses a bentz chamber. I shot multiple bricks of ammo between cleanings with no problems using 10 rd factory mags. It would usually hold 1/2” 50yard groups with ammo it liked. I never shot any groups at 100.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    That's good news. Hope to have barrel in Nov. We'll find out the hard way.....

Feedback Score
    I have heard good things about Keystone Accuracy. Might be worth contacting to see if they can do something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast