Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The SHTF and you call your wife.....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lol! She'd probably tell me that I'm being paranoid, that she's not going anywhere, and if I want to mess with those heavy, smelly, old cans that I can get my ass home and dig in them myself.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    - Never trust a woman to do a man's work -

When I'm not close enough to home to do the job myself, I roll hot with more than enough to deal with stuff.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 09-14-23 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    Mine would ask me how much I've had to drink. I'd just go with whatever they are zeroed with. I generally roll with enough to get it done in any reasonable situation I might run into if I'm not close to home. Of course, the one time you don't is when the black swan takes a dump on you.

Feedback Score
    It doesnt matter, but if I had to pick, tbbc.

The only caveate (sp?) Is that I dont know how accurate it is. If its 2moa or more, fusion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You need to FOCUS now, not when something bad is happening.

1) Pick one GO load that is reasonably accurate in your rifles.

2) Avoid hard to find loads unless you can afford to buy large quantities when it’s available.

2) Zero your rifles with it.

3) Shoot enough to confirm it functions in your rifles.

4) SHTF is no time to be jamming mags. Have a combat load of magazines already loaded for each rifle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    She's meeting you on your way out of the city so you two can seek an appropriate shelter.
    I never really understood this part, where are you coming from and going to?

I would be calling to say SHTF I'm on my way home arm yourself and the kids while I'm on the way. Leaving in a SHTF would be make us a bigger target for potshot amateurs on their turf during transit. Home turf is more secure, we know it like no-one else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I never really understood this part, where are you coming from and going to?

I would be calling to say SHTF I'm on my way home arm yourself and the kids while I'm on the way. Leaving in a SHTF would be make us a bigger target for potshot amateurs on their turf during transit. Home turf is more secure, we know it like no-one else.
    Think natural disaster or some event that you HAVE TO LEAVE your house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    She knows the couple of carbines or rifles to grab, but there are 4 labelled ammo cans to choose from: 1) Fusion MSR .223 62gr, 2) IMI 5.56 77gr Razor, 3) MK318, and 4) the vaunted "FBI Load" 5.56 TBBC.

You instruct her to grab two carbines and one of the ammo cans mentioned above (let's say 600-800rds in each). Which ammo do you tell her to grab? She's meeting you on your way out of the city so you two can seek an appropriate shelter. You *might* be able to come back and grab the rest but which can goes first?

It should already be staged and ready to go.
    It should be something like, honey grab the blue bag and the green bag and meet me at XXX.

Feedback Score
    IF this insane unlikely event were to occur, I would just say take the dog out for a quick walk, make sure the doors are locked after you get in, I'll be home soon. Oh please, this SHTF fantasy nonsense is an exceedingly exceedingly super rare event that will almost never happen. Short of a nuclear event outside the country, which may lead to some panic, looting, etc, SHTF is not happening. Besides, what exactly is SHTF? Total economic collapse of the banking/monetary system? Massive nationwide electronic grid shut down? Your local sports teaming winning the ___world championship ? Seriously. These scenarios are fun to discuss and be inventive about certain precautions/actions, but in reality, not happening !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Think natural disaster or some event that you HAVE TO LEAVE your house.
    Got it, but if an announced natural disaster (Storm, Dam Break, Volcano, Earthquake, etc) was causing me think about leaving my house, the scale of the disaster would preclude going anywhere better in a car. Sorry too hypothetical for me, we'd all be dead in this type of scenario anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast