Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has 6 ARC met its match? The 6mm MAX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexica View Post
    Isn't the case longer, preventing it from using some of the longer and heavier higher bc bullets?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    I think that is the reason why the linked article references 87gr 6mm and not the 100+gr common long range bullets.

All these rounds are cool, but to me the reality is that with the NATO standarization and economics of 223/556 and 9mm, they are just hard to beat. Yes, teh AR15 should have a slightly larger round, but that is the mag well and bolt we have to work with.

All this stuff is cool, and the 6ARC is the closest I’ve come to getting something outside the 556/308 rifle rounds.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think that is the reason why the linked article references 87gr 6mm and not the 100+gr common long range bullets.
    If you watch the video I linked above, the SOLGW sponsored shooter says testing with 100+ grain bullets is ongoing. This may result in a twist rate change.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is a cartridge that's been around a few years but hasn't caught on for whatever reason. Most likely from what appears to be almost a complete lack of support from Nosler in particular.

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editor...-nosler/357574

https://www.nosler.com/24-nosler

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Gotta admit, the concept it appealing. I learned a lesson from 6.8, and that's why I didn't bite too soon on 6ARC, but I hope this catches on.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Gotta admit, the concept it appealing. I learned a lesson from 6.8, and that's why I didn't bite too soon on 6ARC, but I hope this catches on.
    Getting SAAMI acceptance would go a long way to that end.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Getting SAAMI acceptance would go a long way to that end.

Hopefully SOLGW can do for 6mm Max kind of what George Gardner and GAP did for 6mm GT (SAAMI accepted in 2022).
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-30-24 at 00:56.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234