Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OCL Polonium Full Size and K Observations

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    [laughs in flow through]
    I think “flow through(trademarked)” cans have merit, and they’re really cool. But lets not pretend they do a better job of visual and audible signature reduction.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I think “flow through(trademarked)” cans have merit, and they’re really cool. But lets not pretend they do a better job of visual and audible signature reduction.
    Oh I know. Hence the joke. Buddy of mine recently bought a Hux Flow. It is a REALLY cool can. I can appreciate the engineering that went into it. And it does do a good job at mitigating gas. But its not as quiet as a baffle can. Will be interesting to see how they evolve.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Totally agree, actually.

Flow through (or surge bypass or whatever) is the future of cans. Full stop. That's where everything is heading.

But, we are in the early days of "fuel injection" and I would still rather have my perfectly-tuned, 'no variables left to consider', Holley 4-barrel instead of some mechanical fuel injection.

I'm genuinely excited to see what direction this all heads. The CAT ODB can with surge bypass looks fairly incredible. A 30 cal can with less back pressure and port noise than a HUX Flow 7.62 and slightly better muzzle report than a dedicated 5.56 can like an RC2. All while using supersonic gas modeling to actually draw excess gas out of the gas system of an AR. Adding very very little gas drive.

And that's one company.

However, and I reiterate, my Specwar 556 is quieter than an RC2 at the muzzle by an easily perceptible amount and now my port nose is nill. I have had at least one experienced comp shooter, and SWAT guy, thinking it was 300 Black with supers as he stood right next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123