Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to buy a suppressor in 2023 (commercial side)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
    What suppressor would you recommend with a low tone for a 16" 556?
    Anything with the flow through technology have that low tone signature?
    Keep in mind that not everything that claims "low back pressure" or "flow through" is created equal. The CGS suppressors, for example, are either really quiet and very high back pressure, or low(er) back pressure and loud. No one does it as well as Huxwrx currently. The new CAT suppressors seem to get closer though. Still not quite there. I'm not talking specifically about tone here, rather about overall sound signature and blow back.

That said, the Huxwrx/OSS cans I have do have a pleasant tone, though I can't say they are necessarily lower in tone than anything else I've heard. Not sure I've really put any energy into comparing tone though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Keep in mind that not everything that claims "low back pressure" or "flow through" is created equal. The CGS suppressors, for example, are either really quiet and very high back pressure, or low(er) back pressure and loud. No one does it as well as Huxwrx currently. The new CAT suppressors seem to get closer though. Still not quite there. I'm not talking specifically about tone here, rather about overall sound signature and blow back.

That said, the Huxwrx/OSS cans I have do have a pleasant tone, though I can't say they are necessarily lower in tone than anything else I've heard. Not sure I've really put any energy into comparing tone though.
    To be fair, everything that claims to be “flow through” is Hux/OSS, because they trademarked the term. Thats why all the other manufacturers come up with other ways to describe that, sometimes vaguely, and I doubt many are doing the actual thing well as Hux, since they’ve been refining it longest.

Have you gotten to shoot the CAT cans yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    Most sound can travel through common walls, however, the example given regarding low freqs from a passing car’s stereo is not analogous. The frequencies that _easily_ pass through walls are much lower than what NIH listed for rifle fire.
    Again, misleading. We’re talking about 135 to 150 decibel noise, in comparison to 160+ unsuppressed decibels. That’s loud AF. Much louder than a passing hoodrat with his windows down at 90-130db. And remember, its a logarthmic, not linear scale.

It is a provable fact that louder cans reduce audible signature less. Literally what a meter does. I’m not advocating for decibel chasing or saying that the quietest can is always best in all ways, just saying don’t delude yourself into thinking loud is also quiet somehow.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-08-23 at 06:50. Reason: Adding, fixing grammar

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345