Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the budget 9mm front...

Feedback Score

On the budget 9mm front...

Another gun that made it to the market this summer with little fanfare. I've seen them for as low as $315. Reading reviews of this gun, the only thing that struck me as curious is the fact that it has a rubber backstrap. Don't recall seeing that on any other pistol.

https://www.legacysports.com/centurion-cp9-web/

Feedback Score
    Why would they enter this crowded market? Why would they name it "Centurion" when Beretta already uses that name on some of their pistols?

Is this a gun that is made even more cheaply than a PSA Dagger so they can sell it for $20 less?

Is it to take some sales away from Taurus for those who are cross-shopping and want something US made not Brazil made?

I don't understand how they expected to do well in the market unless the gun is incredibly cheap to manufacture. (due to low-quality)

Feedback Score
    It does bear a passing resemblance to an FMK:

https://fmkfirearms.com/home/new-g3-pistols/

Feedback Score
    I'd say that's more than a passing resemblance. They appear to be the same gun except for the slide serrations.

Feedback Score
    Why is the word 'budget' a concern for an item whose primary purpose is the defense of your life, family, or property. Is the $100 or $150 saving seriously worth it? Glocks are historically reliable and accurate handguns and really not at all expensive. One can find a gen 3,4,5 Glock 19 or 17 for $500 or less.

Feedback Score
    While I agree that a lower cost at the expense of reliability isn't a good tradeoff, reality is that reliable, good quality guns can be purchased for significantly less than a Glock. For example, the Stoeger STR-9 is just as reliable and seems to be every bit as good as a Glock. If a person only has $500 to spend, who would be better prepared? The one that buys a Glock and a box of ammo or two for practice? Or, the one who buys the Stoeger and a 1,000rd case of ammo for practice?

Feedback Score
    Some of the Turkish brands (Canik, Sarsilmaz, Tisas, etc.) have developed a reputation for inexpensive, quality handguns. Of course, copying proven designs does save the R&D costs.

There's a way-under-the-radar brand called BRG-USA (Turkish-made) that I've seen sold for $189 at one time. It advertises that barrels and slides are made from forged 4340 steel. I don't know if that really means much, but the reviews I've seen are generally positive:

https://brg-usa.com/brg9-elite-black
    Last edited by Slater; 10-02-23 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot a buddies PSA dagger aka Gen III Glock and it ran like a top. If I were buying a beater gun, that would be my choice. I think its great people on a budget have several good choices sub $400; sub $400 guns used to completely suck. Not anymore God Bless capitalism.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Right now, the CZ P-10C right at $300 or under is the king of budget buys if price is the prime factor.

The PSA Dagger seems like the easy alternative: outstanding features without a proven history.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Right now, the CZ P-10C right at $300 or under is the king of budget buys if price is the prime factor.

The PSA Dagger seems like the easy alternative: outstanding features without a proven history.
    Both better choices, Is any of the PSA part craps out, replace it with a Glock OEM part. and the CZ, nothing bad to say about the CZ's, I got the P-0p duty for about 350 out the door after rebate. Amazing pistol, I would assume the striker is the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast