Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pit Bull Attack

Feedback Score

Pit Bull Attack

So I'm walking my 10 lb. Papillon in my neighborhood when the front door to a house opens up and this tiny 8 year old girl has a 30 lb. Pitbull on a leash. It breaks free immediately and makes a bee line for my dog that's at my heal. I had maybe two seconds to react. I yanked my dog into my arms and turned my back and the dog sank his teeth into the back of my left thigh. I was yelling at the top of my lungs for someone in that house to get their dog. I tucked my dog up under my left arm and started to draw my .380 from my right pocket. I was going to turn back into him and fire....I think. It all happened so ****ing fast. I was afraid he was going to either come back for seconds or rip my dog out of my arms. But just as I started to turn an older boy ran out and got the leash and was able to get control of the dog. That's it. The mom came out and I told her I was way too ****ing angry to have a conversation and I'd just call the police and animal control which I did. And now I've disinfected and bandaged my leg (not surprisingly it's a puncture wound) and am having a vodka tonic. I'll start a course of antibiotics immediately as well.

I'm thinking that's the last time I ever walk without bear spray again. It was just too fast and furious to effectively deploy a gun. Not to mention the screaming 8 year old girl running around. What a cluster **** man. Every day I walk my dog and stick that pistol in my pocket and think all is good. I was woefully unprepared.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad your ok, that pit needs a dirt nap and the owners to feel some pain in the wallet....

Feedback Score
    Ouch. Quite a bit of restraint on your part. I do not know if I could have demonstrated such.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Ouch. Quite a bit of restraint on your part. I do not know if I could have demonstrated such.
    I love dogs, but I would have emptied my 642 into that pitbull.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    I love dogs, but I would have emptied my 642 into that pitbull.
    Another couple of seconds and that might have happened. But once the dog was back under control that option was off the table. I'm going to pursue civil action now instead. Bleed their wallet a little instead.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use my foot.

I’ve only been bitten by working dogs, and two rando GSDs, despite a routine occupational exposure and PT in neighborhoods.

Sorry that happened to you, OP.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm really sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you're doing well.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Just wanted to share my experience.

A few months ago a coworker of mine brought her 70 pound dog to work. Being a dog person and assuming it was a nice dog I started petting it. Out of nowhere the dog lunged up at me and clamped onto my right arm. Fortunately, a guy was able to grab the leash and hold it back while I pulled my arm out.

That incident changed my world. Now I'm leery of dogs being around me.

Dogs can be scary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    So I'm walking my 10 lb. Papillon in my neighborhood when the front door to a house opens up and this tiny 8 year old girl has a 30 lb. Pitbull on a leash. It breaks free immediately and makes a bee line for my dog that's at my heal. I had maybe two seconds to react. I yanked my dog into my arms and turned my back and the dog sank his teeth into the back of my left thigh. I was yelling at the top of my lungs for someone in that house to get their dog. I tucked my dog up under my left arm and started to draw my .380 from my right pocket. I was going to turn back into him and fire....I think. It all happened so ****ing fast. I was afraid he was going to either come back for seconds or rip my dog out of my arms. But just as I started to turn an older boy ran out and got the leash and was able to get control of the dog. That's it. The mom came out and I told her I was way too ****ing angry to have a conversation and I'd just call the police and animal control which I did. And now I've disinfected and bandaged my leg (not surprisingly it's a puncture wound) and am having a vodka tonic. I'll start a course of antibiotics immediately as well.

I'm thinking that's the last time I ever walk without bear spray again. It was just too fast and furious to effectively deploy a gun. Not to mention the screaming 8 year old girl running around. What a cluster **** man. Every day I walk my dog and stick that pistol in my pocket and think all is good. I was woefully unprepared.

Stay safe

Heavyweight

Get the police report.

Call an attorney.

Sue them, and their homeowners insurance company.

Demand the dog be destroyed.

Feedback Score
    The next time the dog might sink its teeth into a little girls face…

I love dogs more than people, but that level of aggression…. Not compatible with society.

Hope you heal fast and get your just ends.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Get the police report.

Call an attorney.

Sue them, and their homeowners insurance company.

Demand the dog be destroyed.
    This, and this !!!! I dont understand this need to have a dangerous dog that bites people. When its a known deal. I love dogs but if owners can't control them.... I had a dog licking its chops looking at my baby son 27 years ago. My friend said he has never bitten anyone. I asked, how many dogs you know that have eaten 3 children?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-02-23 at 22:01.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast