Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pit Bull Attack

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your dog is alive and well, and unharmed, that is what matters.

Feedback Score
    Spent a year in 'Bama living in an apartment complex post military retirement. Walking the in-laws Lab and our 220 pound mastiff one night and the same thing happened: pit came at the lab and just started to bite down on it when the owner was able to grab it as I was pulling my pistol. He saw what I was doing, apologized, and scurried away. we left it at that as they had never been a problem before and the guy was pretty scared.

A few nights later, we're out walking and some lady opened her door to get something on her porch and these two little "punt-dogs," about a pound apiece, with little tiny red bows in their hair came out screeching at our mastiff. He looked at them, decided he wanted no part of that, and started trotting home. The lady was profusely apologizing but all we could do was laugh at watching this 220 pound dog lope down the street towards home with these two little rats chasing him. It was hysterical.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Your dog is alive and well, and unharmed, that is what matters.
    You are 100 percent right. He got extra duck jerky last night!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sorry you had to deal with this.

The first problem I read is you worried about a 10lb dog over your own safety.
    You should have kicked the charging dog in the bottom jaw (like a football) and punched it on the top of its head and it would have been over.

I was raised with pitbulls and this works just fine with that breed.

I would also educate the homeowner on allowing a dog that weighs as much as the child to walk it, while demanding she pay for you medical treatment (tetinus shot, antibiotics, etc). I'd probably have the court (you are sueing right) destroy the dog.

Fortunately we have dogs that will defend my wife while she is walking them, so she doesn't have to worry about this.
    She had a lab jump the fence of its own yard and run toward her a while back, our female (doberman) stopped the lab in its tracks, because it was charging her master.
    Last edited by .45fan; 10-03-23 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Sorry you had to deal with this.

The first problem I read is you worried about a 10lb dog over your own safety.
    You should have kicked the charging dog in the bottom jaw (like a football) and punched it on the top of its head and it would have been over.

I was raised with pitbulls and this works just fine with that breed.

I would also educate the homeowner on allowing a dog that weighs as much as the child to walk it, while demanding she pay for you medical treatment (tetinus shot, antibiotics, etc). I'd probably have the court (you are sueing right) destroy the dog.

Fortunately we have dogs that will defend my wife while she is walking them, so she doesn't have to worry about this.
    She had a lab jump the fence of its own yard and run toward her a while back, our female (doberman) stopped the lab in its tracks, because it was charging her master.
    Hey .45Fan.....I'm not ashamed to own a small dog. And I didn't start this post to get in a debate with anyone on the correct weight, size or "badassness" level at which it's appropriate to love a dog. I'm sorry you don't care for something enough to put your own safety at risk to protect it. I'll remember your savy advice to punch and kick the attacking dog next time. That is some brilliant strategy from what must be a very keen mind.

I've got many other things I'd like to say to you but I'll leave it at that.

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Hey .45Fan.....I'm not ashamed to own a small dog. And I didn't start this post to get in a debate with anyone on the correct weight, size or "badassness" level at which it's appropriate to love a dog. I'm sorry you don't care for something enough to put your own safety at risk to protect it. I'll remember your savy advice to punch and kick the attacking dog next time. That is some brilliant strategy from what must be a very keen mind.

I've got many other things I'd like to say to you but I'll leave it at that.

Heavyweight

Then get bit again!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m not questioning your decisions. Just saying that you could beat the brakes off a dog of that size.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m not questioning your decisions. Just saying that you could beat the brakes off a dog of that size.
    Yes I could have....if I wasn't trying to protect and control my own dog. No question.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Then get bit again!
    I'm not asking for any sympathy for taking the bite. And thanks for editing the "cough" comment between 10 lbs and dog in your post. It reads much better now.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Had this happen to me and my 7 y/o son while we were walking our pitbull through the neighborhood. Mine wears a pinch collar and short heavy leash. She is a rescue and not friendly toward other animals. Lady had her tiny bulldog loose in the yard not listening to her and going through their own trash. It ran across the yard and street toward my dog barking. I pulled mine back and kept them separate, then the 8 y/o daughter lets out another dog bigger then mine and a whippette. I snatched her 60 lb dog up by its collar and twisted it to keep it tight on the dogs neck all while holding mine off the ground by its leash. No dogs or people got bit and we went our separate way with the homeowner all apologetic.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 10-03-23 at 14:42.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast