Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1663

Thread: Hey Yoni, any 411 you can share on Israel at the moment??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    AlJazera being the CNN of the ME, is a propaganda machine.
    With a hefty dose of Jerry Springer, and false guilt laid down in such a manner to make my ex-wife demand a recount.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A fluff up in Israel is the ultra-orthodox refuse to do their national service:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Will by law they don't have to do military duty. The law was passed by the first Knesset and has been renewed many times over.

Bibi looks not to have the votes to pass a new law, the old law ends with the start of the day April 1 if I remember correctly.

I understand both sides of the argument, and have switched my position 3 times as things change. I post 10-7, am firmly in the camp of draft 90% of them. The top 10% will study Torah but under military type conditions. You and your Rabbis live on a base, get up at 4 am for PT, then say from 7am to 12 study, 12 to 1300 eat, 1300 to 1500 study, 1500 to 1800 military task i.e. shooting, hand to hand, para medic training.

You want peace in the streets, you cut the funding to their organizations.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a religious studies version of draft deferment for college students.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Will by law they don't have to do military duty. The law was passed by the first Knesset and has been renewed many times over.

Bibi looks not to have the votes to pass a new law, the old law ends with the start of the day April 1 if I remember correctly.

I understand both sides of the argument, and have switched my position 3 times as things change. I post 10-7, am firmly in the camp of draft 90% of them. The top 10% will study Torah but under military type conditions. You and your Rabbis live on a base, get up at 4 am for PT, then say from 7am to 12 study, 12 to 1300 eat, 1300 to 1500 study, 1500 to 1800 military task i.e. shooting, hand to hand, para medic training.

You want peace in the streets, you cut the funding to their organizations.
    I recall the law and there was re visiting ending that due to recent events. I'm surprised you were ever in favor of them not having to the national service as other citizens have to. Interesting.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I recall the law and there was re visiting ending that due to recent events. I'm surprised you were ever in favor of them not having to the national service as other citizens have to. Interesting.
    Look I am an orthodox Jew, so I believe in a spiritual battle as well as a physical battle.

I can't even start to understand the mind set of the Creator of everything, so I backed the idea that the studies of these boys fight the spiritual fight.

Then my kids had to go to the IDF, and I had the torture of all Israeli fathers that have fought war and terrorism and then watched our sons have to go. I then switched sides.

As I watched Bibi eff up our future on the BS of letting multiple billions of dollars into Gaza and thinking Hamas would become rational. I understood Israel was in bad shape and watched the leaders of the IDF become more and more metro sexual than fighters. So I understood we needed to win the spiritual battle, as we were going to lose the physical battle.

Then on 10-7 EVERYTHING got knocked on it's ass.

But what really woke me up was the lines of ultra orthodox men lining up to get a rifle. So I guess they really don't believe their own position.

So now I am splitting the baby take the top 10% to study under strict conditions and everyone else to the IDF. It should be noted that those ultra orthodox that have gone to the IDF they have become very good fighters.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Look I am an orthodox Jew, so I believe in a spiritual battle as well as a physical battle.

I can't even start to understand the mind set of the Creator of everything, so I backed the idea that the studies of these boys fight the spiritual fight.

Then my kids had to go to the IDF, and I had the torture of all Israeli fathers that have fought war and terrorism and then watched our sons have to go. I then switched sides.

As I watched Bibi eff up our future on the BS of letting multiple billions of dollars into Gaza and thinking Hamas would become rational. I understood Israel was in bad shape and watched the leaders of the IDF become more and more metro sexual than fighters. So I understood we needed to win the spiritual battle, as we were going to lose the physical battle.

Then on 10-7 EVERYTHING got knocked on it's ass.

But what really woke me up was the lines of ultra orthodox men lining up to get a rifle. So I guess they really don't believe their own position.

So now I am splitting the baby take the top 10% to study under strict conditions and everyone else to the IDF. It should be noted that those ultra orthodox that have gone to the IDF they have become very good fighters.
    I know they do other things like drive ambulances, become medics and such, so that's useful to the nation at least. I heard an interview with one ulta orthodox guy who was first on the scene at the music festival and dealt with some horrific chit. It sounded about as bad as it gets, seeing young people dead and dying, some mutilated, etc who'd been having a good time and it all went into that.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    To me the good news is that maybe we can use this issue to drive Bibi from power to prison.

The law expires.

Which means the government will most likely fall.

Then if the Likud is smart they will vote Bibi out . The new leader can then hold the government together.
    Last edited by yoni; 03-29-24 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IDF army service is a Halachic obligation | Yitzhak Aharon Korff | The Blogs
    https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/idf-...ic-obligation/

A Boston Rabbi who is not afraid to speak the truth.
    Basically saying not only is a blanket exemption from military service wrong but the Torah actually proscribes military service.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    WI post 10-7, am firmly in the camp of draft 90% of them. The top 10% will study Torah but under military type conditions. You and your Rabbis live on a base, get up at 4 am for PT, then say from 7am to 12 study, 12 to 1300 eat, 1300 to 1500 study, 1500 to 1800 military task i.e. shooting, hand to hand, para medic training.
    That seems to be a very reasonable position. It's hard to get any fair opinions on the subject as a pro-Israel, Western Christian because it's not a culture I'm intimately familiar with. Most sources try to depict it as a horrible government overreach, a secular state seeking to crush a religious minority, or, alternatively, of a bunch of religious redneck welfare queens finally having to work for their keep.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 155 of 167 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast