Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G19 Extraction Problem

Feedback Score
    I compared the extractor on my G17 to the G19 and didn't see any obvious differences. Something else that might be worth mentioning is the gun did this once or twice when I first bought it and took it to the range and was shooting winchester white box. I just marked it up to it being new and didn't think much about it.

I've never detailed stripped the slide. I usually do the basic strip to clean the slide, get ride of the power residue, look for any signs of a problem, and then relube.

I cleaned the breech area and around the extractor last night and there wasn't much carbon build up. I'll take some more pictures today of that area. The serial number is "MDD###"

Are there any good free resources available (PDF or Video) for detail stripping Glock slides?

Feedback Score
    Glock's customer service is really good. You have been given some good advice for handling the issue on your own as it can be done fairly easily. On the other hand the issue could be caused by an issue not so easily diagnosed. If everything appears to be fine with the extractor and ejector than I would send it back to Glock or find a Glock certified armorer in your area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Glock's customer service is really good. You have been given some good advice for handling the issue on your own as it can be done fairly easily. On the other hand the issue could be caused by an issue not so easily diagnosed. If everything appears to be fine with the extractor and ejector than I would send it back to Glock or find a Glock certified armorer in your area.
    I agree. If I can fix it on my own and learn a thing or two while in the process that is always the preferred route for me. However if the problem persist I'll contact Glock, I've never dealt with them but have heard good feedback about their customer service.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Are you running 15 or 10 round magazines?

Honestly, at this point and with that number of failures I would just call Glock up in the morning and explain what is going on. They will probably want you to send it back. If it's a gun you depend on send it back and let them fix it. If you're looking to tinker then we can help you try and solve this.

I love tinkering but something isn't right here so I'd send it back.

Glock, USA: 770.432.1202

ToddG Guest
    It could be any number of things: a problem with the extractor assembly; a problem with the ejector; a problem with the breechface; etc. But if it's happened with WWB, Monarch, and Blazer Brass obviously there is an issue with the gun itself. Either have a certified armorer take a look at it or send it back to Glock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Are you running 15 or 10 round magazines?

Honestly, at this point and with that number of failures I would just call Glock up in the morning and explain what is going on. They will probably want you to send it back. If it's a gun you depend on send it back and let them fix it. If you're looking to tinker then we can help you try and solve this.

I love tinkering but something isn't right here so I'd send it back.

Glock, USA: 770.432.1202
    The G19 is my primary CCW but I've been using my 642 until I can get the problem sorted out. I think I'll call Glock tomorrow and see what they suggest. I'll stick post some pics in a few.

I am using 15 rd magazines.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetallengineer View Post
    The G19 is my primary CCW but I've been using my 642 until I can get the problem sorted out. I think I'll call Glock tomorrow and see what they suggest. I'll stick post some pics in a few.

I am using 15 rd magazines.
    See if you can get a picture of the ejector and what is the # stamped on your mag followers?

Like I said, if you depend on this gun then send it back. They will fix it.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So um...Ever consider cleaning it?

Seriously, that's due for a detail cleaning. Google some instructions on how to detail strip the slide. It's stupidly easy.

I'd bet that would go a ways towards making your baby work as she should.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's the right ejector but what do you use to clean that thing with? Grease?

Here's what I would do: Follow the instructions and guides on this page: http://glockfaq.com/maintenance.htm

Use straight up CLP for cleaning and lubbing and give it another couple hundred rounds to see if it continues to fail. If it does call Glock and ship that thing back.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast