Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My stuff won't sell

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I think part of it is that many consumers (not necessarily here) are driven by whatever is perceived as cool. If you had clone parts they would get snatched up quick. Try arf com , lots of viewers there. If you don't mind dealing with even lower IQ individuals, try reddit. They have a gun parts sale sub. Prepare yourself for imbeciles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yea, no kidding, LOL I listed my Arken scope, and it lasted maybe an hour!! lol, Do the extra work it may pay off!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I can only speak for myself, I don't even bother looking there anymore as there are far too many people only interested in selling at inflated prices and that is literally all they do here.

Obviously the OP doesn't fall into ^^that^^ category, but you take the hit because I don't bother to look. Maybe I'm a Unicorn.
    No, I am in the same boat. I usually see gear at list price or over list and just wonder, have you checked Amazon/Ebay/Gunbroker before you tried to sell that at Gun Show prices. So I rarely go there and I buy shit often.

And is a reason I have tubs of gear I should sell but dont feel like posting something for $35 and all that goes into selling. I did sell a slide recently but had it priced to move.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Let’s also think about the fact that the Samson mount you are selling is not a popular product, in a height that very few want, from a manufacturer that very few would consider for their RDS mounts, lacking anything that would make anyone want it over competing products, is not particularly attractive, and has a suspect looking QD lever compared to the standard ADM or Scalarworks.

You might be able to buy an in demand product and flip it for a small loss, but you’ll never be able to buy a subpar and undesirable product and flip here it here for the same. That’s why your mount has been on the EE for over a year and bumped over 10 times.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Let’s also think about the fact that the Samson mount you are selling is not a popular product, in a height that very few want, from a manufacturer that very few would consider for their RDS mounts, lacking anything that would make anyone want it over competing products, is not particularly attractive, and has a suspect looking QD lever compared to the standard ADM or Scalarworks.

You might be able to buy an in demand product and flip it for a small loss, but you’ll never be able to buy a subpar and undesirable product and flip here it here for the same. That’s why your mount has been on the EE for over a year and bumped over 10 times.
    I did not realize at the time that it was an unpopular product. It is the height I was looking for, the same as the non-QD Reptilia dot mount I ended up keeping. It is lighter than most other lower-third QD mounts I found and has a transferable lifetime warranty.

I never said I thought I could "flip here it here for the same" I just thought I wouldn't end up losing half what I paid. The lowest price I can find for the mount is $85 for an open box at Botach, so $65 shipped still doesn't seem to unreasonable. Nevertheless I'll drop it another $5, which will leave me with $50 after shipping.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Hmmm, I may be using a different EE than you as I've never considered that to be conventional wisdom in regards to selling used items on the internet....
    Yup.

I recently sold 5 CZ 9mm / .40 mags. After shipping I keep about $16 per mag. These were new in boxes and I'd been trying to sell them a long time.

I also sold several Glock 9mm factory mags, only test fired, for $15 each.

Sure I could get more during a panic, but they take up space and I can buy other mags I want while they're cheap.

I'll sell cheap if I can buy cheap.

I figure if I'm serious about selling something I can expect to get 50% of what I paid for it. If it's like new or new in the box I'll ask for more.

One thing you might want to try is bundling. I've done that a couple times and sold. Basically I put a bunch of like parts, (ex. G3 rifle stuff) in a box. The parts were about $300 if you bought them all retail. One could sell them individually for maybe $200+ if you wanted to make individual ads and wait many months.

I put it all in a box, asked for $150 and IIRC sold it for $120 and moved on with my life.

My point is, be prepared to wait for it to sell like you're waiting on an NFA stamp or sell it stupid cheap & move on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice. For what it's worth the T1 mount is/was new in box, and is now sold. Photos, luck, or pity I'm not sure.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    The resale market is almost cartoonishly bad right now.

I usually start whatever I'm selling at like 20-25% of average retail, often with a multi-item discount attached, and have never failed to move it in usually a couple weeks, maybe a month.
    I have sold an utterly absurd amount of tactical gear, uppers, optic, parts, etc, over the last 12 years.
    Only in the last 2 years has the bottom seemingly just dropped out.
    Even the desirable stuff takes weeks to move, everything else just sits.
    The lowballers are even worse than ever. I just got offered $55 for a plate carrier I paid $150 for, and have for sale for $85. F*** people.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    The only website I view for used firearms etc is the local floridaguntrader.com, and cautiously. Most private sellers there think they can get double retail for their used firearm, many listings are scammers, and perhaps 10% (at most) are reasonable in their asking price. I gather its the same at other private seller websites, which is why I don't even bother to look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    The only website I view for used firearms etc is the local floridaguntrader.com, and cautiously. Most private sellers there think they can get double retail for their used firearm, many listings are scammers, and perhaps 10% (at most) are reasonable in their asking price. I gather its the same at other private seller websites, which is why I don't even bother to look.
    I used to use that site when I lived in Florida. Your description is spot on. I ran into more than a few characters on there. I remember a guy offered me his s*** rust bucket of a truck for a rifle I had listed and got over the top pissed when I respectfully declined his offer. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234