Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My stuff won't sell

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My stuff won't sell

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. I have a couple of items for sale that no one has shown interest in. I have these priced at about 60% MSRP, shipping included. Am I asking too much? Do I not have enough Feedback for people to feel confident buying from me? Are these just parts nobody wants? I am not pleading for attention, rather I'd like to know if I have made some blunder I don't realize.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've had the same thing happen to me before. I've had some things never sold. Maybe not the 'hot' thing, no one needs/wants it, people don't see it for sale, saturated market etc. I dunno, but you're not alone in wondering.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I looked at your items and all I can say is that they are just unique and specific items. A trigger and a T1 mount have to be on someone's short list, and they'll probably just buy a new one from a website vendor or amazon/ebay. My suggestion is to just wait it out.

I feel like I'm in the same boat though. I have a P365xl for sale with spare parts, red dot and whatnot and haven't even had a nibble. I thought a lightly used pistol would fly off the shelf. Although, I have not posted it on GB or guns.com.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can only speak for myself, I don't even bother looking there anymore as there are far too many people only interested in selling at inflated prices and that is literally all they do here.

Obviously the OP doesn't fall into ^^that^^ category, but you take the hit because I don't bother to look. Maybe I'm a Unicorn.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I can only speak for myself, I don't even bother looking there anymore as there are far too many people only interested in selling at inflated prices and that is literally all they do here.
    ^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That makes sense unfortunately. Any suggestions where to sell beside eBay? (If they even allow Evil Gun Parts at this point.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    That makes sense unfortunately. Any suggestions where to sell beside eBay? (If they even allow Evil Gun Parts at this point.)
    I really don't, there aren't a lot of good options for anything, especially guns or gun related materials.

I quit Ebay last year, after having an account and feedback since 1999. It was great when it started and the communists at Goolge have ruined it for everyone.

Do you belong to a gun club or range that you frequent? I see interesting stuff at my club from time to time and have bought a couple of guns off the 3x5 cards on my club bulletin board.

Unfortunately, we are being squeezed out of existence.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Obviously the OP doesn't fall into ^^that^^ category, but you take the hit because I don't bother to look. Maybe I'm a Unicorn.
    I wish we had a sales page in the members section. The "bro" page or something. Post it in the "Bro" section and after three days if it doesn't sell then post it again in the EE. Just an idea, and maybe not a great one.

D- I'll check your ads and see if anything sticks out to me.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    In addition to the above comments, the secondary market is SLOW these days. I've seen this on several forums with both guns and accessories. I've had a Timney Alpha Competition Glock Trigger up for sale for several months at a good price like yours and it's been crickets.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Your prices seem reasonable. Sometimes stuff just doesn’t sell for a long time. I’ve had some items in there for years, and just haven’t been bumping them lately.

One of my buddys hypothesized that people blew a bunch of money on gun stuff in 2020 and 2021 and aren’t spending right now. Or it may just be that people aren’t really in the market for those items right now. Another possibility that doesn’t directly apply to your items, but has to other people’s items in the past, is that sometimes even a good price can be beaten by generous professional discounts that a good bit of people here might have access to. Glock and Vortex come to mind.

A dude at a gunstore told me that he thought sales of new stuff is really slow at the moment (I think that was about a month ago) because vacation season has ended and back to school season was still squeezing people. I think a lot of people are on a tighter budget for gun stuff due to the economy.

@HKGuns… I think Rooster is gone now, if that’s who you’re referring to. Most of the prices I’ve seen lately in the EE seem reasonable.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-12-23 at 11:00.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast