Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My stuff won't sell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Your prices seem reasonable. Sometimes stuff just doesn’t sell for a long time. I’ve had some items in there for years, and just haven’t been bumping them lately.

One of my buddys hypothesized that people blew a bunch of money on gun stuff in 2020 and 2021 and aren’t spending right now. Or it may just be that people aren’t really in the market for those items right now. Another possibility that doesn’t directly apply to your items, but has to other people’s items in the past, is that sometimes even a good price can be beaten by generous professional discounts that a good bit of people here might have access to. Glock and Vortex come to mind.

A dude at a gunstore told me that he thought sales of new stuff is really slow at the moment (I think that was about a month ago) because vacation season has ended and back to school season was still squeezing people. I think a lot of people are on a tighter budget for gun stuff due to the economy.

@HKGuns… I think Rooster is gone now, if that’s who you’re referring to. Most of the prices I’ve seen lately in the EE seem reasonable.
    Not sure if Rooster was tired of people pointing out that he is running a business, or if he was banned, but I haven't seen his stuff for awhile.

I have heard over and over that the main things people want to buy right now are cheap crap (PSA priced stuff), and that anything of quality is just sitting. Its a hard time for large companies as well as individual sales.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Not sure if Rooster was tired of people pointing out that he is running a business, or if he was banned, but I haven't seen his stuff for awhile.

I have heard over and over that the main things people want to buy right now are cheap crap (PSA priced stuff), and that anything of quality is just sitting. Its a hard time for large companies as well as individual sales.
    People are very cheap, especially Fudds. I’ve seen so much Chinese gun accessories reviewed on Amazon it’s crazy. The ones that kill me are Chinese mounts, bodies, etc. that fit Surefire stuff. So people will pay for Surefire but draw the line at quality mounts or bodies.

I would guess another reason is inflation right now hitting people hard. Aimpoint especially has gotten a lot more costly in the last year or two.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Although I think your price is fair Hiperfire is not well known enough yet to command top price. The ALG ACT single stage is $16 cheaper new and has a good rep. I think more potential buyers might take a chance for $50. Yes you are taking a beating but if that’s the market… Personally I would hold on to it as a spare.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

There was implication that a ban had occurred. I’d guess it was probably because of repeated violations of EE policies, such as removing prices after a sale. Or running a business.

Feedback Score
    I rarely ever buy used stuff because I always suspect there's something wrong or they wouldn't be selling it. I know thats not always the case but I can't shake the suspicion enough to buy used stuff.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I rarely ever buy used stuff because I always suspect there's something wrong or they wouldn't be selling it. I know thats not always the case but I can't shake the suspicion enough to buy used stuff.
    I buy most all my optics used here, and most of my rails. I think people try something out and don’t like it, or reconfigure and don’t want to keep it around. Or they get cash strapped and realize they don’t like their VCOG <that> much.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Another thing you have to deal with right now is Black Friday coming up. From now until mid Jan. people look for great deals on new product. It's going to be interesting to see what this Black Friday brings with inflation, high interest rates, etc.. I would just sit back until after first of year. Cycles happen.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think you are just in a bad market for sellers. If you look online there are plenty of rebates, discounts, and blowout prices for both cheaper and higher end stuff. Trijicon has a $100 rebate on RMRs, grab a gun was selling 226/229 legions for well under $1000, I've seen S&W snubs back down to $425. Everyone selling AR barrels seem to be constantly having sales. It's just a buyers market right now, and that's hard to compete with. For example, a buddy of mine is trying to sell a brand new RMR for $350, but by the time you get the sale price online for a new one, then take of the $100 rebate, he's selling for more than a new one.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I suspect things will sell more next year, election year. Or if there's some sort of mass shooting (God forbid).

Also, the EE here isn't all that user friendly - it's hard to find your own listings, so it's hard to bump them occasionally. I know I have things buried past 20 pages in that I'll probably never find again.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Most people had rather just buy new instead of dealing with the hassle for things less than 100 bucks unless dirt cheap.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast