Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield SA 35?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Springfield SA 35?

In recent weeks I have found myself almost clicking the buy now button for one of these. I really like the way they feel in the hand at my LGS. But I don't really need one... My Colt .38 super and HK USP 9mm are my go to's for the 2 gun competitions I favor. Instead I tell myself to buy ammo and mags. But I am getting weak..

Yea or nay ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't played with the Springfield yet, but as long as they directly copied the FN pistols they feel as good shooting as they do handling them in the shop. Saive nailed just about everything on ergonomics except the thumb safety and that has been taken care of.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Man. I saw these in a Brownell's email. Springfield does have a history of slapping their name on garbage though. (The M1A line).

I'd be worried to get a Hi Power with 1911 level unreliability.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I played with one for around 8 months. Bought it around 2022.

Probably had close to 1000 rounds through it. No malfunction that I could remember. No failure to extract or eject as reported on the internet.

Accuracy was acceptable. From a bench I was able to get 5" groups at 25 yards. Not bullseye accuracy but would get the job done.

Other than warm ups, all shots were doing various drills. IDPA Classifiers, 5x5, Bill drills, El Prez and many more.

The "beavertail" had sharp edges that was uncomfortable after awhile. I read this is a typical complaint. Took some fine sand paper to the edges and it gotten better. I could have gotten more aggressive with the sanding but I didn't plan to keep it, so I cold blued the sanded area.

For whatever reason I couldn't shoot it any better than my Berettas or CZ P07 or M&Ps or Sig P365 (yes the little gun). I guess the lack of familiarity didn't help. Don't get me wrong, if it was the only thing I have, I'd use it.

After the evaluation period, I sold it. I tend to do that anyway, I don't keep things long term unless I totally bond with it.

It's a decent gun, don't believe the internet rumors.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I shot a buddies a few weeks back. I thought it was pretty good. Easy shooter with a waaaay better trigger than my old Surplus BHP
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I own 2 ... love them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They look good, and they feel good in the hand. Problem for me is they don't really fill a niche. They're not quite "modern" and yet have too many modern features to make them useful for me as a reenactor.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09fatbob View Post
    I own 2 ... love them
    They run well? I figure Brownell's shitty price should be on the top side of real world pricing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I got one about three years ago, in the 4000 serial number range. It has been perfect, and a splendid replacement for my old custom Argentine FM from back in the day.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    For those who've never shot a Hi Power or the Springfield SA, these type of guns sit very low in your hand, so the barrel/slide are almost in line with your shooting arm, making the recoil very light and muzzle rise minimal. They are very similar to the Glock 9mm in how low they sit in your hand.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast