Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield SA 35?

Feedback Score
    When these newer Hi Powers came out, I thought they'd put other modern touches on them like a light rail or a threaded barrel. Disappointed that Springfield and FN didn't. EAA's copy did put a rail on it, but I have no confidence in Turkish weapons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    In recent weeks I have found myself almost clicking the buy now button for one of these. I really like the way they feel in the hand at my LGS. But I don't really need one...
    Your logic is way too limiting. I abandoned that thought process long ago. It's ok to buy a gun just for fun. Worse case, you'll sell it and lose a few bucks. FYI, Girsan makes Hi Powers that are imported by EAA. You can get them starting at a little over $400. The quality is excellent, so no worries about getting an inferior product. I have one of their PI versions. It's the same as a regular Hi Power, but the slide and barrel are shorter. It's been awesome.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    FYI, Girsan makes Hi Powers that are imported by EAA. You can get them starting at a little over $400. The quality is excellent, so no worries about getting an inferior product. I have one of their PI versions. It's the same as a regular Hi Power, but the slide and barrel are shorter. It's been awesome.
    I'd love to have a funzzies 9 like that. I just never go into gun stores to find one.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I've never seen one in a gun store. They primary sell the most popular guns. If you want something less common, you'll have to take an alternative tactic. I do the vast majority of my gun shopping online. I do a lot of research, looking at pictures and watching videos. I've rarely been disappointed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've never seen one in a gun store. They primary sell the most popular guns. If you want something less common, you'll have to take an alternative tactic. I do the vast majority of my gun shopping online. I do a lot of research, looking at pictures and watching videos. I've rarely been disappointed.
    I'm lazy about putting work in to buy guns. I wish I had the same problem about guitars and amps.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Which gun that you've never seen in a gun store? the Springfield SA35 or the offerings from EAA/Girsan?

The SA were spotted at Adventure Outdoors in Marietta. The EAA/Girsan were spotted at the Dawsonville Guns.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Which gun that you've never seen in a gun store? the Springfield SA35 or the offerings from EAA/Girsan?

The SA were spotted at Adventure Outdoors in Marietta. The EAA/Girsan were spotted at the Dawsonville Guns.
    I've seen some offerings from Girsan in gun stores, but not the HiPower. Of course, I've seen plenty of Springfield 1911's in gun stores, but not the SA35. I don't go into gun stores a lot though. I've never been to Dawsonville guns and have not been to Adventure Outdoors in a long time. Their selection is great, but it's easier to find exactly what I want at better prices online. I'd like to buy more from local stores, but prices are generally way higher. That's especially true now. They're sitting on a lot of inventory that they likely paid much more for than they'd have to pay now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Someone should do an app that dealers could update available models. You could search a model and locate the closest walk in store near the customer's location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12