Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SME Help needed; Gas Port Size

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    THIS. I have had to tell friends this difficult thing: "You f'd up. I can't fix it. The end."

I actually have a friend chasing an unrelated, but just-as-silly goal of trying to convert his FNH-made PSA 10.3" FSB upper with A2 HG's into a free-floated setup with an AGB or a BRT EZ-tune gas tube.

-Want a superb Centurion FSB-cutout FF handguard? Nope.
    -Want to shave your FSB? Nope.
    -Want to swap gas tubes for a BRT EZ-Tune? Nope.
    -Want to buy a new barrel that is designed for a lo-pro GB? Nope.
    -Want to just sell this upper and buy one that isn't a pos PSA? Nope.

So, you know what I did? I stopped helping him. Told him to get a known-quality barrel like Sionics, BCM, LMT, SOLGW; a known quality GB and HG, etc....or to just BUY a known good upper. He told me that this "was a waste". I told him that my time (and his) was more valuable than this low-ROI effort and my diagnostic efforts were now concluded.

You know what? We are still very close friends. We don't discuss it....which is great, because IDGAF. He knows his clear path to success. He makes plenty of money....whenever he gets emotionally motivated enough to stop F-ing around and just do it right, he knows who to call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Absolutely, I have a good friend that I told I would not build guns for him because of the dog shit parts he buys. I’ll let him use my tools and I’ll stand and watch him but I won’t wrench on it. I told him the only way I’ll build a gun for him is if he buys the parts I tell him to buy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Absolutely, I have a good friend that I told I would not build guns for him because of the dog shit parts he buys. I’ll let him use my tools and I’ll stand and watch him but I won’t wrench on it. I told him the only way I’ll build a gun for him is if he buys the parts I tell him to buy.
    I had a neighbor ask me to help he and his brother build several ARs for them and their boys. They gave me a budget and I gave them a parts list of decent, quality parts to buy (with options and explanations.) They pretty much ignored my advice and bought the cheapest shit they could find. When they asked me to help them put it all together I politely declined.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I had a neighbor ask me to help he and his brother build several ARs for them and their boys. They gave me a budget and I gave them a parts list of decent, quality parts to buy (with options and explanations.) They pretty much ignored my advice and bought the cheapest shit they could find. When they asked me to help them put it all together I politely declined.
    Yep.

So many people mistakenly think that good advice scales. "I'll just do 80% of what this smart guy said, and I'll get 80% of the results!"

People who are dumb enough to believe that advice scales are *slow learners*; it's honestly better for them to learn the hard/expensive way once you've made a single good faith attempt to educate them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456