Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ 75 vs Beretta 92

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    This is exactly how one should look at it. Keep in mind that CZ-75's can't be carried with the hammer down and the safety on. It's either hammer back with the safety on or hammer down with the safety off. If you choose the latter option, also keep in mind that you'll have to pull the trigger and manually lower the hammer over a live cartridge. Plenty of people can do this, but it's asking for an accidental discharge in my opinion.
    The DA pull length is also likely to not be very ergonomic for anyone not able to palm a basketball.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    CZ 75s are not wide.

I'd much rather drop the hammer on a live round with a CZ 75 than carry appendix. Decocking safely is not that difficult when you know how and take care.
    I agree, although these grips were kinda wide.

https://www.silahilanlari.com/silah-...5-b-1995/15550

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    These are the two DA/SA pistols that interest me the most but I would lean towards the CZ-85 or G-mode Beretta.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Beretta is a first class military weapon that is proven, but the G model is SO much better and you can always convert.

The CZ 75 is an excellent weapon, but I'd much rather have the 92 that can decock in the hands of troops. A CL carry is not for the average soldier.

For self defense purposes, for those that have the time, the 75 is hard to beat and can take on a carry role a bit easier. The add the PCR or P01 and you knock size and weight off considerably, and you end up with a duty/carry gun that is superb - albeit the trigger usually sucks. (It takes a bunch of work to fix this. the 75 design was NOT meant for a decocker, so its harder to mass produce with a good trigger).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    The CZ 75 is an excellent weapon, but I'd much rather have the 92 that can decock in the hands of troops.
    Just as Beretta makes the G variant, CZ makes the decocker BD variant to fit this application. Of course, the BD variant won't give you a decocker and manual safety. I think that the military should have replaced the 1911 with a pistol like the H&K USP or a Beretta with the Taurus frame mounted safety/decocker.

A CL carry is not for the average soldier.
    I tend to agree, but the military used the 1911 for decades.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own and like both. My Beretta is a 92 compact, it's not that compact and the CZ compacts are probably a little easier to carry. But, as has been said, it's meant to be comforting, not comfortable....

Lots and lots of aftermarket support for both.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tend to agree, but the military used the 1911 for decades.
    If you saw what I saw you would know it was not good.

Feedback Score
    My first CZ is pretty nice. $520 at Grabagun…
    76D035E1-27C6-4981-8215-442AE9FAD172.jpeg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    My first CZ is pretty nice. $520 at Grabagun…
    76D035E1-27C6-4981-8215-442AE9FAD172.jpeg
    That's beautiful. MY first CZ was a CZ75 Compact. About 25 years ago I found it at a gun store for $300. I couldn't believe my luck. It was used but appeared brand new. I took it home, shot it and quickly realized why it looked brand new. It had horrible trigger slap, felt like a firecracker was going off in my hand and tossed the spent cases into orbit. The previous owner gave up on it right away. Fortunately, I knew enough to realize that it was way undersprung. I installed a 20Lb recoil spring and it turned into a completely different pistol. I still have it to this day.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I own and like both. My Beretta is a 92 compact, it's not that compact and the CZ compacts are probably a little easier to carry.

That's correct. A few years ago I had both, they're long gone. Nothing against them, someone else just wanted them more than I did. Still love Beretta and CZ.

The CZ compact was shorter and slightly thinner in the slide area due to the slide rails ride inside of the frame. The CZ had slightly less recoi sensation, I believe because my hand was higher in the frame, again due to the slide in frame design.

The CZ does have longer trigger reach than the Beretta. I guess those Czechs have big hands.

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either. Just try them both, your mileage may vary.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123