Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAC Blackout

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

AAC Blackout

Does it "ping" like the vortex? What length barrel did you observe it on when answering that?

The "Rocksett" it comes with. From what I understand this stuff is weaker/less permanent than blue Lok-tite, it just withstands high-temp WAYYY better, right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. 16".

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Mine doesn't ping at all on my 11.5" Colt light profile barrel. It pinged before I mounted it, but with the thin barrel the mount threads past the shoulder and for whatever reason that seems to dampen the pinging.

It seems that the pinging effect varies from weapon to weapon.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Does it "ping" like the vortex? What length barrel did you observe it on when answering that?

The "Rocksett" it comes with. From what I understand this stuff is weaker/less permanent than blue Lok-tite, it just withstands high-temp WAYYY better, right?

I have not heard any pining noises, then again, I have never heard it on a Vortex either.

Rocksett is used by many companies (including SF). It is easy to break, but withstands high temps (good stuff).

C4

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I wonder, does this pinging mess with barrel harmonics and thus accuracy? Sound=vibration, so it would stand to reason that it might? I don't know. It has me curious.

Feedback Score
    Mine "pings" on a 16" M4 contour barrel.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My Vortex has never pinged that I've noticed. My Blackout pings on both my 16" barrels, M4 profile and Pencil barrel. It's more like a tuning fork, when the BCG slams home on an empty chamber.
    NFA Addict - Banned on Arfkom!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trukreltrog View Post
    My Vortex has never pinged that I've noticed. My Blackout pings on both my 16" barrels, M4 profile and Pencil barrel. It's more like a tuning fork, when the BCG slams home on an empty chamber.
    That is what concerns me. Wouldn't having a "tuning fork" on the end of the barrel do bad things to groups?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm no expert. Its been said by many that Vortex FS's increase accuracy by a small amount. As for the tuning fork effect, one must realize that the whole barrel vibrates. The harmonics of the barrel effect accuracy. Some rifles even have harmonic tuners. Browning/US Repeated Arms used this with their BOSS device. Also its the tuning fork effect with the Vortex and Blackout that helps disrupt the unburned power in order to reduce muzzle flash.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have only tried one of them on the one 16" M4 type barrel. Interesting to hear that some "ping" and others do not. The noise was very tuning fork like. If I recall correctly, I was getting a 32 MPH radar reading off of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast