Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Higher-recoiling pistols and the RDS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I've noticed when firing higher-recoiling pistols the dot is more likely to not always return to the target versus lighter-recoiling pistols.

In other words, I'm in the middle of a string of fire, firing singles at some distance (as opposed to having the vertical streak under rapid fire) and then...where did it go?!

It doesn't happen with my 92X and practice ammo but it did with my M96 .40 and definitely with my S*W M&P 2.0 with microdot. Real bad with that one.

I imagine it's my grip depreciating during fire & movement.

What to do?
    Practice doubles with those pistols (Ben Stoeger on youtube, or take a class lol).

The dot should return to same spot you pulled the trigger at, not just in the window. The goal is to not have to make corrections.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-18-23 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Wrt the 2.0, clearly the small window is a problem for you. Milling the slide for a conventional RDS, a $100 option if you like the pistol otherwise. Sounds like you are selling it, so maybe you are not so fond of it.
    It's a good gun, been totally reliable. Probably time for a new recoil spring. But I don't carry it or use it for HD.

Will sell the optic & keep the gun for now. Partially because I have about 350 reloads I made that it likes just fine but are too long for my PX4 .45.

When it had factory irons I shot this M&P quite well. I'll remove the optic and 350 rds will get me two more range trips out of it. Maybe three.

I'm going to focus my RDS time on the M92 RDO and 686+.

Unfortunately the Alchin RDS mount on the S&W shoots very high. I emailed the buisness and he advised I should shim it to get a POI within the range of my optics adjustment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12