Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW LMT MWS QC ISSUES

Feedback Score
    Goodness. This all seems pretty basic. Please continue to keep us informed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Called Aaron again, he sent another prepaid shipping label to send the whole rifle in. I don’t know what is going on at LMT currently but I have lost confidence in their product. Now I will spend more of my time and money to ship this rifle out and purchase a box big enough to do so. I have lost confidence in LMT, I don’t appreciate having to do so much work for a product to perform as advertised.

Feedback Score
    I hate to chime in and be negative, but this is why I did not buy a LMT the past 4 years. They have developed the aura of another certain famous AR-10 maker and could care less about the civilian market.

I recommend you get a refund. Buy a DD5V3 from Daniel Defense. I love mine thus far, and I’m very happy with my purchase.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I hate to chime in and be negative, but this is why I did not buy a LMT the past 4 years. They have developed the aura of another certain famous AR-10 maker and could care less about the civilian market.

I recommend you get a refund. Buy a DD5V3 from Daniel Defense. I love mine thus far, and I’m very happy with my purchase.
    I wasn’t aware of LMT’s decline in quality prior to purchasing. The reason I went with the MWS was for the quick change barrels. I will be asking for either a completely new rifle or a refund.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sad to hear this has become of LMT. My LMT MRP is one of the top 3 ARs with nicest fit and finish (KAC and Geissele are the other two). Hopefully it is due to the move out of Illinois and they get things settled, sooner than later as it has already been what I would consider the amount of time to resolve these issues.
    Sorry to hear this is the path you went through as they really are great rifles (or should be).
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I gotta say I have not heard a word about their decline in QC. Its honestly shocking to me. I really hope they continue to do the right thing despite being a military focused company even though its hard to hate then for that.

I would still buy their gear, but I want would want hands on product before purchasing for a minute. I had forgotten about that little nub story, it never effected me in several lowers.

And the quick change barrel option is kinda cool. I have a 10.5 on one SBR that I wouldn’t mind buying a 14.5.
    PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-24-23 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll go out on a limb and say they probably hit the Quad-fecta. Their move to IA, the plague, supply chain and an increase in .MIL contract wins. Probably wasn't easy to find good help in IA during this time either.

Its been hard for me at least to find anything they make in stock which is likely the supply chain.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Their move was only about 25 miles south as the crow-flies.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    Their move was only about 25 miles south as the crow-flies.
    Still have to disassemble the machinery and reassemble and setup for the move. Machining tolerances can change, and when talking mils that can make a difference.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update: LMT received my rifle on November 21. I’m not expecting to receive it back anytime soon. It’s been two months since I purchased it and haven’t been able to shoot it once. I’ll let you guys know once I hear what their resolution is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast