Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which setup to build for wife

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The 9mm blowback AR has surprisingly harsh recoil. Making it lightweight just increases that.

A lighter but not crazy lightweight 5.56 is the better option. Just a pencil barrel and lighter handguard that isn’t longer than necessary. A 9” or 10” BCM would be a good example.

Once again, I find ToddK posting what I was going to type out. The 556 gun imparts much less felt recoil than a 9mm (direct blowback) gun. The exception is if you want to buy her a MP5, because those are almost zero felt recoil. Delayed roller block might not be cheap, but its crazy effective.

If you ever want to make new shooters love shooting, the MP5 with can is the perfect way to go. I teach classes on the reasons, but noise is a big warning factor that we are born with. Clap your hands near a baby and watch it jump and cry. Adults jump, but usually don't cry.... but adults still don't like the feeling of a loud dangerous violent object exploding near our head. Make the gun quiet, and we suddenly find that its not the recoil that is the huge issue, its the noise. We literally train people the wrong way if we aren't starting them out with foam plugs AND electronic muffs when it comes to centerfire weapons that aren't using cans.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The 9mm blowback AR has surprisingly harsh recoil. Making it lightweight just increases that.
    Agreed! Double the recoil and get a much less deadly weapon. Completely retarded.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Pencil carbine barrel, A5 recoil system. She loves it. The purple helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12