Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carbine Buffers in high end AR's

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    ^^^This is what I have in the majority of my guns and has been my standard go to since IG (may he Rest In Peace) turned me onto it years ago. It has been a proven runner in my 12.5C, 14.5C, 14.5M, 16C, 16M, 18R & 20R guns, I see no reason to change.

As to the OP, I’ve always thought carbine buffers belong on the bottom of the ocean, if your shit won’t run with an H buffer something is ****ed up.
    Yep. I got it from Will (IraqGunz) as well. RIP, Will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Yep. I got it from Will (IraqGunz) as well. RIP, Will.
    I remember him also, didn't suffer any of the bullshit dealt by some on a constant basis and rarely pulled a punch. Was a large reason behind why I joined this site vs. the animal farm that will go unmentioned.

He was actually a bit intimidating! Learned a lot reading his posts and its probably why I actually have a few of those springs in my stock.

-RIP-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Just to throw another into the mix the JP Tuned & Polished rifle spring is noticeably smoother than a Colt spring just cycling by hand.
    I switched my Sprinco Greens for JP springs. Definitely smoother.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Green by a lot, though Alan at Sprinco has confirmed they both fit and work.

SOLGW ships a green spring in every complete gun and lower they make (and A5H2 buffer). That is basically the best standard setup that I know of; largest breadth of function and also runs really well. The only carbine based setup that I've felt could challenge it for feel is the Geissele Super 42 carbine setup...but only in some guns.

Sprinco Green + A5H2 is a well proven, and good, 'recipe' at this point.

Have also had good luck with Colt (from Specialized Armament) and BCM 17-4 rifle springs. They tuck in between the Sprinco Green and the std Vltor springs in terms of strength.

I have a G barrel in my 11.5 running suppressed. It started life as a blem BCM lower so I left the carbine buffer tube set up in it. I have the G42 with H3 headed to me this week. Will be my only gun without an A5 set up and I am curious as to how it performs. Worst case scenario It goes in the spare parts bin and I switch it over to the aforementioned A5H2 SC Green set up. Wondering under what conditions you have seen the G42 set up not work well?

Feedback Score
    But even those prove my point. The Tubbs AR10 has 25% more in-battery spring pressure than a Sprinco Red and 10% less out-of-battery pressure.

The also supports my assessment of OOB pressure being between a White, Hot White, and a Blue.
    Well... yes, that was why I was posting those numbers, to give further support to your claims via hard measurements, even if Tubbs only had an n = 1 for each spring.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Well... yes, that was why I was posting those numbers, to give further support to your claims via hard measurements, even if Tubbs only had an n = 1 for each spring.
    I realized that afterwards. Thanks man.

Just had twins. Very little sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I have a G barrel in my 11.5 running suppressed. It started life as a blem BCM lower so I left the carbine buffer tube set up in it. I have the G42 with H3 headed to me this week. Will be my only gun without an A5 set up and I am curious as to how it performs. Worst case scenario It goes in the spare parts bin and I switch it over to the aforementioned A5H2 SC Green set up. Wondering under what conditions you have seen the G42 set up not work well?
    I've seen the GA Super42 work best in short carbine setups. Marginal in 13.7" middies, 16" middies, 18" rifle gas, etc.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Just had twins. Very little sleep.
    1. Good to see you posting again

2. Congrats. Twins are great, moreso as they hit the one year mark.

Feedback Score
    I've seen the GA Super42 work best in short carbine setups. Marginal in 13.7" middies, 16" middies, 18" rifle gas, etc.

Ahh good to know. Should work well on my 11.5 then. And congrats on the twins! We have a few sets in our family as well. It will get easier in another 14 - 18 years

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Ahh good to know. Should work well on my 11.5 then. And congrats on the twins! We have a few sets in our family as well. It will get easier in another 14 - 18 years
    Thanks!

The amount of sleep I am *not* getting feels like a stakeout in my old unit. Lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234