Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New trigger

Feedback Score
    Geissele SSAs are the only non Colt parts in my guns.
    Last edited by Uncas47; 10-24-23 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you like the SAA, then you should be very happy with the Centurion Arms AST.

I don’t know of any 2-Stage units with a stronger reset than the SAA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I've got one for sale in the EE, $60 shipped.
    Please someone buy his trigger so I don't end up buying it myself!!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Can you expound on this? I have two in rifles (not my go-to rifles), and haven't had any issues, but also haven't heard much negative so want to make sure i'm not missing something important. Do they have issues?
    My opinion only, they are not duty or defense grade. I won't use them in my rifles.

I learned after reading the anti-rotation thread that SOTAR agrees with me on them, so trust him way before me.

Chad from SOTAR: "In my experience the only applications where ARP's may be necessary are when using Cassette/Pack type AR Triggers. My experience with Cassette/Pack Triggers has shown me they are unreliable gimmicks as well so the idea is a wash."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    My opinion only, they are not duty or defense grade. I won't use them in my rifles.

I learned after reading the anti-rotation thread that SOTAR agrees with me on them, so trust him way before me.
    Ok thanks. Doesn't tell me much (like what issues are they having? malfunctions? failure to fire? not resetting? only happening without ARPs? etc), but i'll do some more research. I have a CMC and a Timney, and they are both "drop in" cassette style triggers, and they've been nothing but reliable, but I do think they both have ARPs. Just seems there are a lot of cassette style drop in triggers out there from many reputable trigger companies, and this is the first i'm hearing of issues that make them unreliable.

At any rate, i have Geissele SSA-E triggers in all my go-to rifles, so good to go there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As B Cart stated, many reputable companies make them. I've only got one, and it's a Timney. I don't have a lot of rounds through it, but if it causes a malfunction in the next 10,000 rounds, I'll be shocked.

Any statement that Timney makes a bad trigger needs to be backed up by more than an undocumented quote.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Please someone buy his trigger so I don't end up buying it myself!!!
    You should buy it, it’s been on there long enough.
    I do prefer Geissele SSA/Tricons, but for a cheap build (leftover pieces of SOLGW LPK in KP-15), I completed with the EDT that’s been hanging out in my LaRue chassis. Super smooth for sure, now.
    And the Reflex is an amazing trigger for speed; I prefer over the indelicate S3DG.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I have a geissle in another carbine and like it. But I don’t care for the reset a lot.
    In what way? For me, the Geissle reset is a little "poppy". The Centurion (Schmidt) trigger is much less aggressive on the reset. It took some getting used to in fact.

For bedside guns, I really just stick with stock triggers though. No need for sissy stuff on a fighting gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    It just does not feel strong enough to me. It breaks clean, and I like it, don't get me wrong. Maybe I am just looking for a reason to buy a trigger I really DONT need.....

Feedback Score
    I like the Geissele triggers when I'm zeroing, anything else I'm perfectly happy with my Colt triggers. They're not that much heavier, clean break, strong reset. Honestly when they are in the gun I don't really think about them. Never owned a hot rod trigger till a few years ago, now I feel guilty with two of them laying in my box of shame, probably ought to sell them before I wear out the pin holes in my lowers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast