Thread: Holding/presenting ar pistol

Feedback Score

Holding/presenting ar pistol

Any suggestions on how to hold and present an ar pistol sans the arm brace to help with follow up shots?

Are you pushing it out against a sling with the buffer tube off your shoulder while still getting your cheek into the tube, or putting the buffer tube into your shoulder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 10-24-23 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Any suggestions on how to hold and present an ar pistol sans the arm brace to help with follow up shots?

Are you pushing it out against a sling with the buffer tube off your shoulder while still getting your cheek into the tube, or putting the buffer tube into your shoulder?
    I used to stick the buffer tube on the shoulder and turtle real hard. This guy has a better way. A tight sling helps I think, but it's not necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muy1rIDwwOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EIiemJZ3t8
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    I think I need to lower my aimpoint pro, to get s better cheek weld. I was pushing out with my firing hand, against the sling and pulling in with my extended arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I think I need to lower my aimpoint pro, to get s better cheek weld.
    I don't know what height you have now, but you can see Rhett Neumayer (vids above) has gone the other way, raising the optic as he has refined his setup.

Feedback Score
    Not an AR pistol, but I've done some practice with this with a Turk AP5P. (And pistol AK 7.62, AR, and Uzi...all semi)

But most recently the AP5P.

It surprised me that it wasn't bad at all.

I was working with my timer and IIRC 1st shot to A-Zone from low ready 25 yds out was about 1/3 faster than a typical handgun.

The accuracy of the weapon plus the large RDS must have helped.

Bill Drills went really well, too! Easier to shoot quickly & accurately than a typical pistol. But this roller-delayed 9mm.

It isn't stupid. But a stock is better. (Duh)

I understand you're talking about a bare tube. I don't think there any big secrets other than what you mentioned. Keep at it & see what works for you.
    Last edited by Ron3; 12-08-23 at 12:47.