Thread: Boot Bond Boot Glue

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Boot Bond Boot Glue

Repaired a pair of what started out as new old stock(glued soles do not age well) Teva boots with this stuff:

BOOT BOND Boot Glue - Quick Dry... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095CQFQHT...p_mob_ap_share

that had a partial sole separations about a month ago and has held together for several day hikes that are approximately 20+ miles and counting.

I wouldn't currently trust this stuff to knowingly take off on a multi day/high mileage backpack trip and expect it to last(although that may change in time), but currently it does seem to be good enough to stick in a pack to get you back up and running quick without a sole flopping around.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-24-23 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How does it compare to ShoeGoo?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Barge Cement is often the choice of professional cobblers, if I have not been misinformed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    How does it compare to ShoeGoo?
    Long term I don't know.

What I can say so far is this is a smaller container and slightly more packable than Shoe Goo. The repair and bond/cure time for the Boot Bond is just a few minutes instead of Shoe Goo's several hours before use and a day or more before full cure is reached.

I was looking at the Boot Bond claims and was hoping it would produce at least as lasting of a repair as duct tape, look better, similar repair time, and not have sticky glue residue everywhere. The last 3 were obvious from the start and so far the service life is continuing to add up.

Was about to say the only thing I did different at home than in the field was cleaning/degreasing with denatured alcohol before applying, but I frequently carry denatured alcohol for use with a stove so that would be similar.

Shoe Goo has a lot of uses, but as Disciple mentioned, my understanding is Barge tends to be what professional cobblers use. Really good stuff, just not fast with something like half an hour in prep time with 1+ days to reach full cure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Barge Cement is often the choice of professional cobblers, if I have not been misinformed.
    That is my understanding too and is a permanent fix.

The Boot Bond stuff started separating back in late November. Not sure on overall mileage, but in my opinion the price, weight, repair time, and level of durability make it worth carrying to avoid having to walk back out with a flopping sole or duct tape.

Sticking by my earlier view on not using it on boots before leaving on a long distance backpacking trip.