Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ejection patterns tell us ......

Feedback Score
    Years ago, had a bunch of problematic HK416's.. fixed them with A5 tube & buffer.

This gas system can appear paradoxal (compared to a DI) in so far as if you under spring it or under buffer weight it it will slow the BCG rearward motion. The energy is captured in the (really) short stroke piston up front. In overcoming initial spring/buffer weight, in a very short space, it has enough inertia for the cycle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Ejection patterns tell us . . . .
    Where to pick up our brass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Where to pick up our brass.
    This bears repeating.
    "We all got it comin"....Will Munny

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There was a funny spoof of the Ejection chart that illustrated the level of gayness in your ejection direction.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I just shot SPR with my first ever suppressor. The ejection pattern went from a roughly 2ish to exactly 3 0’clock. Surefire SOCOM Mini 2, VLTOR A5 with A5H2 buffer, 18” Douglas MK12 barrel with rifle gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Ejection patterns tell us some information about how a gun is gassed. However, recently I put a BCM A5 buffer system in a SR15 and it runs great. Very happy with how it runs, it runs very smooth and a pleasure to shoot. But I noticed the ejection pattern with the carbine buffer was 2:00-2:30 and very hot per se, put in the A5 and love it. Oddly enough it shoots very smooth yet still ejects to 2:00-2:30.

I have never seen a gun run very smooth and have an awesome recoil impulse and lob the brass the direction the way this gun does so. Just interesting and thought I'd share and see if anyone else has experienced a similar set up.

PB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123