Thread: Edgar Sherman Design 2 Point Slings

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Edgar Sherman Design 2 Point Slings

I just came across this sling and manufacturer, hoping to get some "end user" feedback on the sling? design? quality and fit & finish? Thanks in advance.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I haven't used one, but it appears to be a simple design and I have played with the same configuration of parts more or less.

With a slider there is a limited range of quick adjustment, further limited by having a separate length for the front attachment instead of the running part of the adjustment directly doubling through it. And though it makes operation smoother having the running webbing of the front half of the sling stop at the tri-glide where it is joined to the back half also limits the range of adjustment some. If you don't want to be able to cinch the gun tight to your body none of this matters of course. More here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one on my main rifle and like it. The tab is really easy to get a hold of for adjustments. You’re supposed to be able to stow the sling under a section or elastic. I found it lacking. I add the lunar concepts bubba tab to stow the sling. I highly recommend that product for any rifle sling.

Feedback Score
    I have them on a couple AR's. They work well enough for me.

Feedback Score
    ESD makes quality slings for sometime now
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    It’s good, easy to manipulate. Comparing the two, I’d probably say I like the FCD sling more.

Feedback Score
    Have been running two of his slings for a year or two. Replaced my Vickers sling. It's simple and well built. Im a bit chonky through the shoulders. I run it as snug as I can with the slider forward while still being able to shoulder the rifle. The slider is almost like a fine tune adjustment if I'm wearing gear or extra clothing. If I want lots of slack for some reason I dip my support hand out and let it run around my neck. I also found the elastic stowage a bit lacking but it's not something I need or use. I was happy to give my money to a growing local/ New England company.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have a few of the ESD slings and have seen quite a few in use during classes. Very simple design, very smooth operation.

Vickers slings are old news, I have replaced all of mine with ESD, Ferro, and Centrifuge slings. Pick your preferred variety and price.