Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girsan 2311 (2011 clone) for the win?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Why would you go this route over Prodigy? The kinks have been worked out and they can be had for around 1k on sale.
    Curiosity mainly. That and I like the concept of the lighter aluminum frame. A fully loaded Prodigy with a light and dot is pretty darned heavy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's the slide back from CHPWS. I had the factory Holosun K / RMSc cut replaced with the Cross Plate system. This plate is for a Holosun 509T.

The plate had to be installed slightly more rearward than C&H normally does because the factory holes would have caused issues with the new holes. The C&H tech said it shouldn't be a problem. Looking back maybe I should have had them install it in the usual stop and just drilled two new holes instead of four.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's the slide back from CHPWS. I had the factory Holosun K / RMSc cut replaced with the Cross Plate system. This plate is for a Holosun 509T.

The plate had to be installed slightly more rearward than C&H normally does because the factory holes would have caused issues with the new holes. The C&H tech said it shouldn't be a problem. Looking back maybe I should have had them install it in the usual stop and just drilled two new holes instead of four.

Going Enclosed emitter, nice. Instal shoot and lets some pics of it installed. Your taking that gun to the next level.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    taking that gun to the next level.
    One thing I've discovered is that something is wrong with the grip. As mentioned earlier, the gun works fine with Atlas mags and feeds fine (but doesn't always lock open) with Dura Mags. It doesn't work with factory Staccato mags or the handgul of squeezed and tuned Checkmate mags. These won't either latch in or stay latched in and are very loose inside the grip.

I had initially figured the mag catch itself was a little short and replaced the catch with a new one from Dawson Precision. This did nothing. The problem seems to be that the mag catch itself doesn't protrude far enough into the grip to properly catch the mag.

Something else I note is that the small retaining tab on the right side of the thumb safety isn't long enough to fully sit inside the retention groove in the frame. It is fine when the safety is off but is exposed when the safety is on. What's saving things now is that the joint between the right and left paddles is crazy tight. But I don't want to rely on this to keep things together over the long haul.

So in addition to a new grip the gun also needs a new safety. I guess while I'm at it it needs a tighter barrel bushing. These are all things EAA needs to identify and clean up in production.

It will be interesting to see how the Tisas/MAC shakes out but I'm pretty confident in saying that it will be the better gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At this point I'd say there's no reason to roll the dice on one of these. Not when Prodigys and MACs are not too terribly much more expensive.

Budget 1911s are often not so budget after they need a bunch of parts replaced to make them decent. I'd say that's definitely shaping up to be the case with the Girsan. It is true that the Prodigy can also be a roll of the dice but it is also true that Springfield seems to be taking care of any problem guns. EAA? Who knows what they're doing at this point? And the MAC guns may yet shake out to be decent but are just too new on the market.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 02-24-24 at 07:20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123