I have this posted elsewhere but think this info is useful here too.

I recently bought a Girsan 2311 which is a 9mm double stack imported by European American Armory. The gun is a 4.25" commander size with a Gen 1 STI pattern grip. It runs on STI magazines.

The gun is a bushing style with a W/N ramped barrel. It is pre-cut for the Holosun K and ships with a fixed rear sight cover plate. The gun also ships with a very inexpensive red dot that seems more like a marketing gimmick than an actual aiming device.

The frame is a Government Model in terms of rails and cycle distance and is not actually a Commander. It is a Government with .75" cut off the front end.

The trigger is decent at five pounds with no provision to adjust over travel. The slide to frame fit is pretty good. Barrel and bushing fit is nothing extra. I'm confident in saying a new bushing would improve accuracy. Accuracy now is nothing to write home about.

Most surprisingly is that the gun actually works and works well. I have right at 1,000 rounds fired with only one malfunction which was a failure to go into battery with one of my reloads. Mags used have been mostly Atlas which probably certainly helps. Prodigy mags work but are hit or miss with slide lock engagement. The one Check-Mate mag that came with the gun also works okay.

What's the point? I see this gun being of interest to a burgeoning competition shooter who may want a hicap to mess with but for whatever reason doesn't want to spend the money on a pricier option. It should also appeal to someone wanting a beater to use in place of the more expensive Staccato or whatever. A gun to use for one handed manipulations or as a dedicated trainer. Something that can get bumped/banged/roughly handled without much concern for value. It should also find a place with the hobbyist who wants a gun to mess with but doesn't need the pedigree of the other guns. A gun to practice gunsmith skills on.

Here are a few pics.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk