Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FN's "HIPER" handgun

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I shot some of their hammer guns and yeah, the triggers were so-so. I have never handled or shot a 509-type pistol but when I had my FNS (FN Striker) that actually had a decent trigger from the factory. Shot the hell out of it for a few years and moved it down the road for something I can't even remember now,LOL And yeah, I think the new one looks pretty decent and the price is "everything" in this category for sure!
    I worked in firearms retail for a few years and I've handled dozens (maybe 100+) 509 type pistols and I've never come across a single one that I thought had a decent trigger.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I worked in firearms retail for a few years and I've handled dozens (maybe 100+) 509 type pistols and I've never come across a single one that I thought had a decent trigger.
    I hear ya there, and that's disappointing I would think. Ya would think FN would put a little effort toward a decent trigger, but who knows the reason? I can honestly say I have never handled a 509 so no input on my end,LOL Like I say the FNS was decent, no worse than a standard Glock but for the most part it was better. I guess the good thing is we have companies like APEX and a bunch of others that make decent triggers.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The 509 trigger didn’t get decent until the tactical and midsize models were released. I actually like the flatter faced trigger even though it’s hinged. Better than Glock but still doesn’t get you far when there are a dozen out there with equal or better triggers. The 509 has a high bore axis but does have a great optic plate system. The tactical mag release doesn’t work well for a lot of people including me.

This new entry doesn’t wow me. So you have yet another weird mag release system besides the paddle. Maybe users accustomed to the paddle release might get used to this with the downward thumb swipe but that’s a stretch.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I would buy one of the HIPER models. It looks to have a few fairly interesting features (mag release is hybrid of std and HK paddles and I am curious about the slide release levers). Certainly a lot more interesting than any other recent FN pistol.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Watched a few YT videos on it. Interesting that they tested several grip angles and the one that was selected is the same as the HiPower.

Feedback Score
    FN claims that they've applied for a number of patents on this design. Not sure what those would be, though.

Feedback Score
    AYE !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12